Metal Detecting Advertisement's

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember the White's commercial, "Found the good stuff my first day!) The Silver coins and gold and diamond ring etc. Here's my thought, and my thought only, I am glad it is no longer aired. Here's why. Many people, (Many being good for business I realize) might buy any kind of detector thinking of "Treasure" How much can I make, how much can I sell it for?, without having a clue as to what they are doing, and by that I mean going around digging huge holes in schools, parks etc. and end up having them clearly posted, "NO METAL DETECTING ALLOWED". The metal detecting company's are doing a GREAT job with their advertising with both Treasure mag's and the internet, as are the major sellers, such as "Kellyco" etc. The best advertising is often by word of mouth. We are a "Niche" group, and are always eager to talk detecting to others, and introduce others to the hobby. The "General" public may not, as we well know, be responsible in their approach, therefor I believe putting further restriction's out there against detecting. Again, all the Big Brands out there are doing a great job, and each has die hard followers. So Please, continue as you do, without TV. Again, this is my thought, BUT, I would be interested in any comment to this from the manufacturer's themselves, we love 'em all. And really fella's, I am not wanting to sound pretentious, Just want to help protect and promote the hobby for us, and those of us to come. That's all.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still think "How much can I make, how much can I sell it for?" I just wish EVERYBODY would stop metal detecting - More for me baby!!!

Seriously though the problem isn't the manufacturers or their ads, it's people. There are stupid people in EVERY hobby and pass time. Off-road bikers and four-wheeler's, shooters, campers, you name it. Next time you see a guy digging up a park with a shovel - CONFRONT him. See a guy on a beach leaving holes unfilled - CONFRONT him. See a guy trespassing - REPORT him. YOU are the force. Use it.
:occasion14:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Saw a guy on a manicured baseball field using a shovel. Got closer to confront him and saw he was like 86 and decrepit and I didn't have the heart to ream him out. And I am a sob usually when I get into a Righteous frame of mind.

He probably wasn't strong enough to use a trowel (not that he shouldn't have been where he was anyway).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread