Daughter Wants To Upgrade

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Safari, SE Pro and Etrac are all updated, greater versions of Minelab's Explorer S/XS. As McKinney_5900 said, ankle-deep water okay, beyond that, no. One slip or reach down and forget and let the housing or battery pack housing hit the water and its' over. I have the XS and they are great machines but I have the Excal with an Anderson Straight-shaft mod as DeepseekerADS said as my wish for water hunting. Next choices are the Tesoro Sand Shark and Fisher CZ-21. These are just my opinions so I'll just offer them up as something to check. But as you said, this is your 10yr old daughter and she may change her mind. Good luck and hope she finds one that suits her.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Have you seen the AT Max video that came out on day one? If you where 10 years old would that impress you? There is no negativity at all; just a 10 year old that waited for all the hype and then she sees some guy hitting on a coin directly on the surface and nothing but suggestive improvements.

She has been wanting an upgrade, Garrett AT Gold was her first machine with Nel Coils and Mars Shaft. She thought that Garrett could have been at the very least descriptive about something other than the one proven facts of a backlight. So like I said she was not impressed, but she still wants to upgrade to a machine that will better suit her needs on salty beaches.

This is the one I watched and IMO, discounting one small segment where a coin was on the surface, and the addition of the backlight as a primary downer, seems self limiting as far as equal judgement, to all of the other improvements. The MAX still appears to me to be totally viable given ALL of the representations throughout the entire video. JM2C

OP
OP
Oddjob

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing but a teaser vid, my daughter wants to upgrade now, not months after, and she wants something with a better proven track record.

This is the one I watched and IMO, discounting one small segment where a coin was on the surface, and the addition of the backlight as a primary downer, seems self limiting as far as equal judgement, to all of the other improvements. The MAX still appears to me to be totally viable given ALL of the representations throughout the entire video. JM2C

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get her the Excal II. Hip mount the electronics , and throw the coil on the straight shaft of your choice. After setting your thresh hold , spin the electronics around to the small of her back and she'll really never have to touch them again. With the hip mount setup , her coil and shaft will weight next to nothing. Great machine for beaches and water hunting. And , it can be used on dry land too ! Good Luck and Happy Hunting !

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddjob, she make any decisions or still looking at options? So many choices, like going to a restaurant with a huge menu. Too bad there isn't someplace she can go and try out some of her top choices.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread