Craigslist Scam / ???? / WHY???

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Charlie P. what was your 1st impression of the guy

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Next day I get an email saying the check is in the mail but some extra money was added for moving expenses. I instantly wrote back and said "Don't send ANY extra money just the $450.00" please.

i re read your 1st post, hmmm they have your name & addy
scary even if they are from somewhere across the pond

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Charlie P. what was your 1st impression of the guy

Only ever met him once (at a nephew's wedding) when he would have been around 14 years old and all I can say is he was "unremarkable" as I don't really recall anything about him. Good or bad.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do not purchase or sell on Craigslist to be safe.

Extreme and dippy advice - Would you advise to never take a bath since 1 out of 1,500,000 will slip and fall ?

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not purchase or sell on Craigslist to be safe.

Meh. I've made literally hundreds of craigslist transactions with no incident. I suppose it is safer to never leave the house too - but Im not going to do that.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Certain things you want to use extra caution, such as carrying a gun, having a buddy or meeting in a police parking lot [though I have never done that, except the gun part which I often have anyhow].

Smartphones sales, precious metal and vehicles [when you are the prospective buyer] can be risky in certain urban areas.
Air Jordan shoes might be the most dangerous of all, had a guy killed a couple weeks ago on a sneaker sale [and the guy killed had a buddy with a gun]

A young Detroit man is behind bars without bond, charged in the death of a teenager over a pair of Air Jordan shoes.
dante tyrell ford Detroit Man Charged With Murder In Shooting Over Air Jordan Shoes

Dante Tyrell Ford (Photo: Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office)

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy has charged 20-year-old Dante Tyrell Ford with felony murder, armed robbery, assault with intent to murder, felon in possession of a firearm and felony firearm in connection with the shooting on Tuesday.

According to investigators, the victim — 17-year-old Corey Thomas of Grosse Pointe Woods — and a 24-year-old friend met up with Ford to sell him the sneakers in the 15000-block of Pinehurst, near Fenkel, just Loyola High School, on the city’s west side.

When Ford got into the back of the victims’ vehicle to make a deal, he allegedly pulled a gun. The 24-year-old man also pulled a gun, prosecutors say, the two began to wrestle, shots were fired and Ford fled the area.

Thomas, who was shot in the head, died at the scene. His friend, whose name has not been released, was treated as a local hospital for a gunshot to his arm.

Separately, Ford is accused of robbing a 16-year-old boy at noon the same day in the area of Birwood and Midland. Prosecutors say the two had also arranged to meet for a sale of Air Jordans; but Ford instead held the teen at gunpoint and took the shoes. No one was injured in that incident.

Detroit Man Charged With Murder In Shooting Over Air Jordan Shoes « CBS Detroit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread