Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Saturday was a day to dig just one large plug. It was about fourteen inches by about twelve inches and came out perfectly with pretty green grass still growing thick. Then the hole was deepened another foot and a half, the ground was actually pretty free of rocks and the roots were easily cut. The bottom was scraped pretty smooth and the dirt was placed in a bucket. After a time period of family gathering around in a circle and remembering my Mother, her ashes in the beautiful walnut box were laid to rest. We began taking dirt out of the bucket with our hands and placing some on the box. Then, because my mother never met very many rocks that she didn't like and bring home, a six year old placed a very large crystal on the dirt and then an eight year old placed a beautiful Geo rock beside it and more dirt was placed over it. The bottom of the plug was moistened with water and then place on top. It was a good day, my mother loved the dirt, gardened and all of that, she just loved nature. She was born in an old log cabin, no electricity or running water but died in a very nice two story log cabin with central air, the works. We placed numerous wild flowers and such over the plug, many that she had planted around the house. My younger brother and I placed a yellow rose (her favorite) over her spot and then left. It was a good day.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds like a beautiful ceremony and place for your mom. I agree, I think she would love it.

Last edited:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done ceremony my friend. Simple and including all the things she loved while here on God's earth. Thanks for sharing the story. Special day and even more memories for you to enjoy while here. Peace.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions