AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There you have it. Another member recently scoffed at others not wanting to wear headphones due to the likelihood of being attacked and not being able to hear it coming. This is why some of us don't wear them when out in public.

Glad the guy is OK.

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow getting beat on with your own MD equipment! :cussing: To think I was only worried about being robbed of mine. Well not anymore after hearing this. I also want to hear anything coming at me. Thank GOD that man was alright AND that others on the beach actually stepped in to help him!

Last edited:

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw man that sucks!! Wonder if him or the other guy with the detector or members of this or none of the other detecting forums?

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw man that sucks!! Wonder if him or the other guy with the detector or members of this or none of the other detecting forums?

Good chance he is, his buddy was wearing a Ring Finders t-shirt.

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the exact reason I don't have on or use headphones. They shut you off to the world around you. Here you are carrying something that could cost a thousand dollars or more too some POS thug looks at it at a quick hundred or too. So you people that want to call me paranoid this is the reason for my post in another topic. Also why I have a CCW. Watch your back.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sucks to hear this happened. Glad he is okay and this is one of the reasons I wear Rattler single-sided Headset. I doesn't work well with the MX Sport due to impedance issues but works okay and I prefer to hear around me and what is under the coil too. May have to get a set for the MX and mod them just to keep with the safer side. Hope they catch the guy, guess he may have forgot his tin-foil hat that day and saw the MDer as some sort of alien.

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to be able to know whats coming when Im out in the desert. I would never wear headphones, or if I did I would leave one ear exposed, but still I probably wouldnt. You never know what can come up when you have your back turned.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't keep the rattlers on my head, so got a speaker out of an old set of headphones. put it in a plastic box from the junk pile. Added a squeeze clip. Clipped to the side of my hat works great! Now that I think about it Minelab was selling something similar if you don't like the "I cobbled it together" look. HINT - tie a knot in the cable inside the box. Stinks to trip over it & rip it loose 2 seconds after you put it on..............

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
People are getting crazier these days. Two ambushes posted by TNet members in about the last 6 months.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope they catch this idiot. IMO, headphones had NOTHING to do with this attack. The guy was aware of the attacker before being assaulted. :skullflag:

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the exact reason I don't have on or use headphones. They shut you off to the world around you. Here you are carrying something that could cost a thousand dollars or more too some POS thug looks at it at a quick hundred or too. So you people that want to call me paranoid this is the reason for my post in another topic. Also why I have a CCW. Watch your back.
Unfortunately CA residents have about zero Second Amendment rights....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; The guy took a bad beating. Glad he is ok. I wear headphones because I am 1/2 deaf now. I make it a point to constantly keep my eyes open and head up. Also here we try to make it a point to hunt in pairs or more. I also carry while I'm out. I'll be damned if I'm gonna let some POS steal my hard earned gear. He would not be stealing just my equipment. To me he would be stealing a big piece of my heart. They try it I hope they have good health insurance.They "WILL" need it for sure. Kudo's to Smithy.!!! Enough said for now. I pray for his speedy recovery.
PS: Anyone else here besides me ever been attacked ?? If so what happened ?? We await. PEACE:RONB

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; The guy took a bad beating. Glad he is ok. I wear headphones because I am 1/2 deaf now. I make it a point to constantly keep my eyes open and head up. Also here we try to make it a point to hunt in pairs or more. I also carry while I'm out. I'll be damned if I'm gonna let some POS steal my hard earned gear. He would not be stealing just my equipment. To me he would be stealing a big piece of my heart. They try it I hope they have good health insurance.They "WILL" need it for sure. Kudo's to Smithy.!!! Enough said for now. I pray for his speedy recovery.
PS: Anyone else here besides me ever been attacked ?? If so what happened ?? We await. PEACE:RONB

There are others here that have been attacked, user John-Edmonton, DeepseekerADS, Im sure there are others.

Last edited:

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably just someone pissed off at one of those stupid you tubers who want to video everything and give away spots others actually work to find.

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never been attacked But there has been some times where I think somebody was thinking about it. If that were to happen I don't think they will need health insurance. That guy in the video had every right to pop a cap on that crazy POS.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never been attacked But there has been some times where I think somebody was thinking about it. If that were to happen I don't think they will need health insurance. That guy in the video had every right to pop a cap on that crazy POS.

Indeed he did, if he were not behind the iron curtain of the PRK.

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always worried about comeing across someone making meth around where I live. I would hate to get in a gun fight as most of the meth heads around here carry some sort of weapon.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad that guy got off as light as he did, it could have been much worse. We are entering a new phase for detectorists, as You Tube portrays fabulous finds being constantly pulled from the ground by people with metal detectors and Joe Predator thinks you probably have goodies on you worth some big bucks, making you a worthy target. Best to hunt in pairs or larger groups. The economy is really bad for people on the bottom right now, a group which is growing every day, and a group who has little in the way of spiritual values compared to several generations ago. It's now the rule of the jungle on the streets, and it can get mean in a hurry.
I hunted the bad streets of Atlanta, a city of 6 million, for over 40 years. I have had numerous dangerous encounters, but never came to blows as I'm part wolf myself and nip things in the bud by being constantly aware of my surroundings and the people around me.
I have to hunt by myself now, am retired and moved to a much more rural setting, but still have an occasional experience where I realize I have been targeted by a human predator. Be careful out there, it can be dangerous. My recent video of being stalked while detecting in a local park - https://youtu.be/DM7y3MUuSfc

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Slingshot, if you are on the TN side of the Chatt line, get your lifetime HCP- they've reduced the price to where its worth it even to old farts like me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread