Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people are P.O.S.'s...

Sheesh...

The more people I meet...

The more I love MY dogs.
Yup! Where the heck are you gonna get unconditional love for just a couple bucks of food a pat on the head and a good tummy rub? NEVER been wronged by a dog, but humans that's a whole different story........

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We finally decided to get another dog after not having one for a few yrs, and decided on a GSD. So three yrs ago this November we got this fellow (Max) and its like having a kid and a shadow. A loving PITA that had our heart strings from the get go, and through sessions of training, and lack of (Lol) he's grown into what now is a young adult. The changes are like watching a glacier melt, it happens but it seems to take forever but he starts to do things as he's told. He's got a great life and can be assured that it will be never a story of being cast aside at any point of his journey through life.

IMG_20141116_114906309.jpg IMG_20170701_151836174.jpg

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One just knows when its time to let go, for the well being of the pet. We try as most do to extend the pets life for our sake of companionship and the love that one shares. Some have the heart of ice when it comes to that day, as they do it and nothing really effects them.
They are called sociopaths. I understand sometimes an animal needs to be put down. I also understand that sometimes dogs will venture off by themselves sometimes to die. I had an old Chow, black lab mix years ago that ran off to die, but we found him. unfortunately he had to be euthanized, I still miss and think about that dog. That's the difference between a compassionate person and a stone cold heartless one. Some people shouldn't be allowed to own animals, much less have children of their own.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only hope when they are too old and cant take care of themselves, that their daughter leaves them to rot as well. After all I'm sure thats the viewpoint she has been raised with. disgusting people.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People should be required to take psychiatric evaluations before they can get a pet. There's too much cruelty and negligence out there. These folks sound like they are not good pet owners for certain, and as compassionate as I am about dogs I would probably get the dog myself. I pray that the dog is fed and watered at the very least. Who knows...maybe there is actually nothing wrong with the dog, they just don't want it anymore. Is there anything you can do to help? I'm so glad you are an animal lover! We're usually great folks!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Never had a dog go off to die. All have stayed close. Even closer.
My pack has seen an ill dog threatened ( more often the troubled dog being overly defensive)but I would not allow them to destroy what they by instinct would.
When the time comes one is not up to holding it's own and it's time is limited , it is under my wing until any control of options is out of my hands.
They know where to go,who to turn to in confusion . Real/ effective caring is a two way street. At the end...bittersweet.

Nano

Mar 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I have to go into the bush to die,I will at least be happy that I will never have to share the planet with so called people like that ever again. I have several other names for "people" like that,but no rude words allowed. Swearing shows a lack of intelligence and a lack of linguistic ability apparently. Some people are just horrible unts and I uking resent having to share the planet with such r-soles. As someone else said on this subject.Never been let down by a dog.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
What did you do with the dog? Other than write a story?

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, so far...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We finally decided to get another dog after not having one for a few yrs, and decided on a GSD. So three yrs ago this November we got this fellow (Max) and its like having a kid and a shadow. A loving PITA that had our heart strings from the get go, and through sessions of training, and lack of (Lol) he's grown into what now is a young adult. The changes are like watching a glacier melt, it happens but it seems to take forever but he starts to do things as he's told. He's got a great life and can be assured that it will be never a story of being cast aside at any point of his journey through life.

View attachment 1476916 View attachment 1476917

What a lovely boy who has grown into such a happy camper!!! :icon_thumright:

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I have to go into the bush to die,I will at least be happy that I will never have to share the planet with so called people like that ever again. I have several other names for "people" like that,but no rude words allowed. Swearing shows a lack of intelligence and a lack of linguistic ability apparently. Some people are just horrible unts and I uking resent having to share the planet with such r-soles. As someone else said on this subject.Never been let down by a dog.

I agree! Our pet companions love us unconditionally and are loyal always. :icon_thumright: Yet people are supposed to have more feelings and most don't even come close to measuring up to dogs! ::) I have large dogs, a cat and parrots who all are supposed to be natural predators of each other by instinct. I can have all of them on the couch with me at the same time and they all get along great and even groom one another! So what does that say about people who should not by instinct be predatory towards one another but are and then treat animals even worse? :angry4:

Last edited:

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you actually read the entire story, he tried to help the dog by not only finding the owners but also contacting them several times! Turns out they're his neighbors. So what can he really do?

1. Take the dog home when he belongs to his neighbors?

2. Call the "Humane Society" that will only pick him up, traumatize him even more and then euthanize him?

3. I'm sure the dog isn't still in the exact same spot so can he even find him again to feed and water him, or try to find him a home?

4. Even if he could find the poor dog a home, if you were the dog and somebody just kicked you to the curb after 14 years when you needed them the most and your heart was broken would you even trust anybody else again?

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Amazing.. I figured as much and should have reserved my comment. Guess your poor excuses are better than no excuse.
Dogs being what they are, man's best friend, I would have done everything I could to comfort and make things as comfortable as possible for him.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did good. You should had called the cops. Also, you should offer to take the dog in and give it conform until the dog died.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My true love, Tippy my cat has cancer and I refused to put her down. She is about ten years old and in good health.

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing.. I figured as much and should have reserved my comment. Guess your poor excuses are better than no excuse.
Dogs being what they are, man's best friend, I would have done everything I could to comfort and make things as comfortable as possible for him.

Yes if you're that ignorant then you should have! ::) NO they aren't poor excuses! :angry4: If you knew as much about dogs as I do (which I can tell from your post that you most certainly do not), owned as many as I have and trained as many as I have as a Certified Level II Dog Obedience Trainer then you'd realize what I was saying was true! How on earth did he know when he first saw the dog what the dog's situation was? His owner could have been in the woods somewhere. Was he supposed to try to just take somebody's dog? That wouldn't be good for either of them! He called and found the owner and was told that their daughter was going to pick the dog up. I'm sure after it took him a few days to realize what those sick people were really up to that he did try to find and help the dog. I KNOW that I would have.

Also because he has other dogs like I do there is also a risk of bringing a stray around your dogs in case it is sick with something contagious that could threaten the lives of your dogs too. Then there is the possibility of your dogs being territorial or alphas and they could possibly get into a fight and one could get injured. So you would also have to have a place that is quarantined and away from your dogs until the dog has seen a vet and you know that they will all get along and none of them and especially the new one doesn't get hurt. I am set up for situations like this, but is everyone?

I have taken in all rescues of all kinds of animals including wild ones and shut down breeding mills including but not limited to dogs, cats, and parrots and even when I was ill and incapacitated myself and never once turned my back on not one animal in need of help or rescue. At the same time I also owe it to my own animals not to endanger their lives either.

Last edited:

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My true love, Tippy my cat has cancer and I refused to put her down. She is about ten years old and in good health.

I understand what you're saying here as I went through the exact same thing with my Doberman who was the BEST dog and friend that I ever had or ever will have again. However any animal who has cancer is not in good health. I did not put mine down when the damned vet told me to either as she wasn't ready and especially not suffering yet. We spent every minute that we had left together and I fed her steak at every meal. I also told her to let me know when SHE was ready and when the pain was bad as she had bone cancer which she did and it broke and still breaks my heart until this day. The vet came to my home and she was put to sleep in my loving arms.

However I have been called in to intervene more times than I care to remember when people are so selfish that they actually make their pets go through excruciating pain and suffering not wanting to let them go! That is selfish and wrong. So please don't do that with yours when the time comes...

The_Piratess

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2017
Ghost Ship
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last weekend I lost a Hahn's macaw (the smallest of the macaws) that I took in as a rescue and kept him with my large Parrots. Somebody had rescued him from a sick family who had put him in a dark closet all alone and would let their kid shoot toy arrows at him! :cussing: Although he never trusted humans again and I DON'T blame him, he had the rest of his long life being very well taken care of and was happy to be in a flock with my other birds. He would talk, play with all of his toys and was happy. He suffered a stroke so I put him in my intensive care unit for birds and called my avian vet. There was nothing that could be done for him. I fed him by hand every 3 - 4 hours around the clock for 3 days while I petted and comforted him. He ended up passing away while I was holding him against my chest. :sad1: Not a good time for anyone to get onto me about "poor excuses"! :mad:

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Well GeoW the mother and daughter arrived told me the story and I walked them up the trail to the dog. We walked together back to the hillside trail where the daughter carried the dog to the road. It hopped up into the AUDI quite easily but had problems laying down. Its hips were giving out. When the mother approached her dog she held out the back of her hand like you would do to strange dog, the dog didn't wag it's tail, or whine in happiness either. Strange meeting to say the least.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If and when I leave the pack to wander off to find some place to die alone, pleased do not let me suffer the indignity of being found. As a matter fact, if you do find me you can just shoot me and go away.

Don't forget about that going away part.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread