Witnessed a drug deal...Be careful out there!

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to an old closed down school today about 20 min ago. Off near the parking area I saw a white truck pull up with blacked out windows. I was about 100 yards from them in the woods swinging away.

He was parked near my truck than backed the opposite direction to hide his tags I presume.. 4 guys inside and two got out to shoot hoops than got back in... just waiting with the doors open.

10 min later an old Mazda rolled up.. one guy got out of the truck and got in the Mazda. He got out the Mazda and it pulled off.

This happened 3 times in 15 min!

I was like.. well what do I do?

I waited for the car to leave than I folded up the deus and grabbed my big shovel and walked briskly to the truck got in and left.

I didn't call the cops, as they would know who did! :( That being said I won't go back there until it's torn down when the start building the strip mall.

Be mindful of your surroundings AND where your park. Make a plan to leave without your vechicle if you feel unsafe to go back in that direction.

Happy Hunting and be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And get that HCP.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth be told they weren't worried about you. Now if you started video taping them, that would be a different story. Even then if you didn't film an actual buy, your video would be worthless. 100% chance the cops already know about them. But you are correct you don't want to be in some neighborhoods.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ahh heck, I witness a drug sale every time I call my weed guy. :laughing7: :thumbsup:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like he had some good specials going on, shoulda checked it out. :laughing9:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheesh...
The worst drug dealers are peddling their junk on every corner these days.

Every pharmacy.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pot going too be legal in Canada next year, but there's stores popping up everywhere already and they get busted. The reserves are putting the businesses up and call it traditional medicine.
The real problem is the Fyntinal[FONT=arial, sans-serif] laced drugs that so many OD on.[/FONT]

OP
OP
darktower007

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes Fyntinal is so deadly an amnount the size of an ink head can kill! And these jack wagons cut their herion with it! What are people thinking?!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha...Good to be safe! Your right always know your surroundings! MOST of the time they won't bother you. I lived in a neighbor hood where they would walk up and show you crack rocks on their tongue, as advertising I guess. haha I would just tell them "no"...and they would move on. I guess they keep them in their mouth so if the cops pull up(since they are known) they just swallow it.

Just blend in, go about your business, and most of the time it will be ok. There is always that chance to, so good to be safe!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We've had three cases locally in as many weeks of cars being found on the side of the interstate with drivers shooting up or having overdosed on heroin. Explains some of the driving that goes on; but it is wild how common it seems to be.

I guess they figure if they do OD at least a trooper will be along every so often to resuscitate them with an Evzio pen.

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe it's wise to go into stealth mode under these circumstances. One never knows.. you did the right thing for your own safety, now and later.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Fyntinal is so deadly an amnount the size of an ink head can kill! And these jack wagons cut their herion with it! What are people thinking?!

Get this, They cut their H with it to intentionally OD someone. then all the Hop heads want their product because it is SO good. Seriously warped way of thinking but that is a fact. Someone dies on their product the rest have to have it.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The opioid problem is out of control.
I saw on the news where Trump suggested that law enforcement agencies crack down and bust more drug dealers.

This approach IS and has been the norm already... nothing new.
To suggest it is up to local agencies to solve this problem is... ehhhh ... ?

To put unnecessary pressure and strain on our independent resources will only continue the dog chasing its own tail at a cost we cant afford... and will not solve anything.
And the revolving criminal door will continue to churn.

This is a global problem not to be sloughed off on the backs of our smaller agencies.
The problem stems from the sources of manufacture... NOT the dealers... Dealers cant deal what they cant get.

IF it isn't on the street it cant get dealt.

Wanna crack down on it... crack down on the crooked pill mill doctors prescribing it... Writing script after script... importers... and manufactures.

Target ground zero in every aspect of the trade... most of those drugs being dealt were obtained through a leaky medical system legally.

I also feel the pharmaceutical companies who down graded the addictiveness and side effects of these drugs to begin with should be held accountable.

Enough is enough.

Opioid manufacturers have turned their products into addict cash mills... and IMO they knew what the were doing all along.

We all are now paying the price across the board from overdoses and crime to inflated medication prices due to their greed.

walnuttree

Jul 23, 2015
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, look out for yourself because nobody else will. I would've stealthy moved on and outa there too. They say in the cities,snitches get stitches, you ain't gonna put a dent in the drug culture if the entire country's law enforcement can't do jack to stop it. Lucky you weren't a witness to a deal gone sour and saw violence or something. Yup, drug deals happen in suburbia and out in the woods too.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The opioid problem is out of control.
I saw on the news where Trump suggested that law enforcement agencies crack down and bust more drug dealers.

This approach IS and has been the norm already... nothing new.
To suggest it is up to local agencies to solve this problem is... ehhhh ... ?

To put unnecessary pressure and strain on our independent resources will only continue the dog chasing its own tail at a cost we cant afford... and will not solve anything.
And the revolving criminal door will continue to churn.

This is a global problem not to be sloughed off on the backs of our smaller agencies.
The problem stems from the sources of manufacture... NOT the dealers... Dealers cant deal what they cant get.

IF it isn't on the street it cant get dealt.

Wanna crack down on it... crack down on the crooked pill mill doctors prescribing it... Writing script after script... importers... and manufactures.

Target ground zero in every aspect of the trade... most of those drugs being dealt were obtained through a leaky medical system legally.

I also feel the pharmaceutical companies who down graded the addictiveness and side effects of these drugs to begin with should be held accountable.

Enough is enough.

Opioid manufacturers have turned their products into addict cash mills... and IMO they knew what the were doing all along.

We all are now paying the price across the board from overdoses and crime to inflated medication prices due to their greed.

They finally figured it out here in Canada the script writers have to slow down on writing so many opioids for the patients.
So the average person has an operation and the MD writes the script of OXY. the patient feels like they're invincible while they're on the drug. Life is great, pain reduced, problems are not so bad, looking at life through a drug induced brain.
Then the Dr. cuts them off because they might be addicted-or the injury has healed, and the MD knows that the pain medication shouldn't be required. Too late the person has now an addiction to the opioids and has to go out and source street level drugs.
There's no easy solution to the problem of this, the script writers get influenced by Big Pharma which are influenced by making more money at the cost of what a few million addicts.
The makers of OXY. just settled a class action law suit up here for a staggering amount (being sarcastic) of 20 million dollars. They made billions of dollars and wrecked the lives of countless people and their families.

Sorry this is sort of off topic from the OP's comment on viewing the deal. You did the right thing even though it's a troubling experience to witness.
I have viewed it so many times in my life that it has become a fact of life that addiction is a curse on us all, the dealers are there to meet the supply and demand.
It just shows that the "War On Drugs" hasn't worked it's just a business.
This is all my own views, and though I have a duel addiction and being clean for 32/30 yrs I can say it with much street level experience that what's out there today is really no different than what was out there 30+ yrs ago. It's just that there is more addiction, more drugs from every level, and less help for those who really need it in the first place.
I need another coffee. :)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off... IMO...

OXY should NEVER be prescribed to ANYONE other than those who are TERMINAL ONLY.

This is what the drug was originally designed for.

They saw the potential for HUGE profits that stagger all other drugs and they ran with it.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Country For Old Men - Simply the BEST 'I witnessed a drug deal' book and movie - EVER

Chub

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread