May God watch over Texas

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Truth1253.. Beautiful sentiments that all good people hold. Wishing others well.

Last edited by a moderator:

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But you don't find it odd or a bit contradictory that you're praying to an entity to watch over and protect the people caught in the very devastation of which your own beliefs establish is the cause? That's the part I find curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

01616_9Utc4sOuckg_600x450.jpg

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are getting rocked pretty good on the coast. Not much up here in Dallas/Ft. Worth but some rain. Have to finish up a window install for a customer tomorrow and will probably be wearing a poncho all day.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Storytime.

There was this woman stuck on the roof of her house because of floods. She's stuck up there and a raft comes by. The dude on the raft says "get in, I'll save you". The woman replied " No, no, I've got the Good Lord to protect me. You go save somebody else."

The flood waters kept rising, getting up to the tops of the windows. A helicopter came by over the house. They sent down a rope and yelled to the woman to get on so they could save her. The woman, steadfast in her faith, yells back "I got the Good Lord to protect me, you go save somebody else". So the helicopter flies off.

Then the woman drowned in the flood and dies. Gets up to Heaven and st. Peter asks her- " What are you doing here?". The woman replies she thought God would protect her. St. Peter says "He was. He sent a raft AND a helicopter..."

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are getting rocked pretty good on the coast. Not much up here in Dallas/Ft. Worth but some rain. Have to finish up a window install for a customer tomorrow and will probably be wearing a poncho all day.

My family lives in Rockwall right outside Dallas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
PRAYERS TO TEXAN'S!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is about praying for the people suffering from the hurricane and floods, it is not a thread on religion, nor did Truth1253 intend for it to be one.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
not to be a stickler but, is not prayer part of religion?

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of us in Connecticut are deeply concern about our friends in Texas. We are getting ready for the big hurricane to hit us.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All of us in Connecticut are deeply concern about our friends in Texas. We are getting ready for the big hurricane to hit us.

We call it "honkering down". Katrina easily took 5 years off of my life. I hope no one you know ever has to go through what we went through. May God be with all of you. Be safe.

walnuttree

Jul 23, 2015
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pray the storm goes away. When some of "Us" are suffering, all of us are suffering. Loss of life, loss of treasured possessions, loss of of basic necessities like food, shelter, clothing. Wiped out and starting from square one has got to be totally traumatic. I pray this storm dissolves and stops dumping rain.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not to be a stickler but, is not prayer part of religion?
Jeff you know it is not open for debate or discussion on open forum.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pray or not, send happy juju or hope fairies sprinkle dry fairy dust all over Houston,whatever, just wish them well for goodness sakes! Thanks for the post Truth.

walnuttree

Jul 23, 2015
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not religion, this is prayer for our fellow Americans who are suffering loss and devastation. The saying goes, there are no atheists in fox holes. Prayer can be thoughts of good intentions and thoughts of better things to come. Or it may be actual petitions to the Almighty God to spare our fellow countrymen anymore suffering. You pick. There's prayer and there's action, if you can do both, so much the better, if someone is starving and I got bread, just praying and not giving them anything is worthless. But isf action is impossible because of distance and time and funds, prayer is better then nothing and sometimes it's all you got. Maybe human suffering is a test to see if those of us who are not suffering will look beyond our little worlds and help and rescue our fellow humans. Death is living only for ones self, life is living for others. Preaching to the choir?

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is not religion, this is prayer for our fellow Americans who are suffering loss and devastation. The saying goes, there are no atheists in fox holes. Prayer can be thoughts of good intentions and thoughts of better things to come. Or it may be actual petitions to the Almighty God to spare our fellow countrymen anymore suffering. You pick. There's prayer and there's action, if you can do both, so much the better, if someone is starving and I got bread, just praying and not giving them anything is worthless. But isf action is impossible because of distance and time and funds, prayer is better then nothing and sometimes it's all you got. Maybe human suffering is a test to see if those of us who are not suffering will look beyond our little worlds and help and rescue our fellow humans. Death is living only for ones self, life is living for others. Preaching to the choir?

Well said walnuttree "there are no atheists in fox holes" rings true. I went through Katrina and lost everything and I pray for them because I know they're still in shock and this is just the beginning of the suffering. They are going to have to deal with this for the next couple of years. It's a living hell "a foxhole" and even the neighbor atheist will be more than happy to accept a prayer when you have nothing else and stripped down to just pure humbleness. God Bless us all.

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got three cousins and their families in Houston. I just got word that they are all OK. So I thank God for watching over them and thank you for starting this post and to all of those that prayed because of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread