Aug 14, 2009
Arizona and the great southwest!
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq
Fisher F-Pulse Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My initial thinking is buyer beware. Who sells a claim that produces gold on regular basis? Then again some people don't have the time to work a claim and it just sits and they decide to sell it.

Seeing what the thinking is.

Thanks

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sample the claim, check the access, check the filings to see how long the claim has been in the seller's name. Use your head. :occasion14:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
If they were striking it rich on that claim, why would they sell it? (There are some valid, logical answers to that question, but only a few.)

Your initial thinking is correct.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep all good advice. There are legit gold claims for sale and claims for sale with no gold at all. There's a few or more on eBay at any given time that I've seen that I know don't have gold because I've already prospected there. Some up around tincup and up gold creek. Others along Cumberland pass above the Independence mine. The most common ones I find are just paper claims filed by the same two guys. I've seen other claims they have for sale on mt Shavano not far from my claim.
They are usually along the outskirts of known placers (beyond the gold) or upstream from the hard rock mines. (Any gold would be down stream from the vein.)

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Much better to educate yourself, put in the work, and file your own claim imo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread