Search engine on the net, and being tracked.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey pepper, looks like you are in a different room this evening

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It seems that they have agreed to stop this at the end of November. ....

And of course we all trust Google completely to do what they say. All big companies are honest- especially ones in the info collection business that have already earned our trust.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And of course we all trust Google completely to do what they say. All big companies are honest- especially ones in the info collection business that have already earned our trust.
Big companies, reward point cards track, amount of data that is collected is amazing.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It's no longer a secret that Google, Microsoft, Intel, ARM, and other US microchip manufactures have backroom deals with the NSA and DoD in the interest of national security to allow "powers" access to computers, cellphones, and IoT-enabled devices. This was revealed (mostly) by Edward Snowden's theft of government secrets some years ago and more recently with the CIA's disclosure that their own uber-hacking tools are now available on the web for anyone to purchase and use (for the right price, but it won't be long before those are in the public domain).

Also, thanks to the FCC ISP data collection act passed in March this year, there is no way to keep browsing history "secret" any longer short of using a VPN when surfing the internet.

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad we can't turn that around and have them pay us everytime info is gathered, stored, used, & sold about us.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Too bad we can't turn that around and have them pay us everytime info is gathered, stored, used, & sold about us.

Now that's a great idea!:headbang:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
We just got new computers at work. The IT guy told me that “they” use the camera and microphone from your own devices to collect data. He advised putting duct tape or electrical tape over these when not in use.

yeah, I know there is a satellite dedicated to my location

That’s not a satellite, Jeff. That’s me in my spy plane trying to find your hunting sites. :laughing7:

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We just got new computers at work. The IT guy told me that “they” use the camera and microphone from your own devices to collect data. He advised putting duct tape or electrical tape over these when not in use.

That’s not a satellite, Jeff. That’s me in my spy plane trying to find your hunting sites. :laughing7:

We taped our cameras yrs ago, so the Jeffs of this world can't be looking at what room we play in.:laughing7:

I had customers that wouldn't even talk until the batteries were taken out of the cell phone, and this 15yrs ago or more. The neighbour next door in the condo worked for the Queen's Cowboys (RCMP) he was in a spat about employment issues. They bugged his condo (I caught the suits with the attache case coming out of the condo) he wouldn't hold a conversation near a cell phone if the battery was in. They like to be nosey and if they have a person pinned well a person might as well put duct tape on everything including one's mouth.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread