WWI Dog Tag. Need Help Locating Possible Original Owner.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. This a WWI dog tag I found at Camp Grant in Rockford, Illinois this summer. I finally got around to attempting to clean it up to see if I can manage a name. I believe it says "Frank P. O'Brien" but, am not positive as a few letters are just plain a mess. I have tried to research a Frank P. O'Brien but, am not getting anywhere. I know there are more capable folks on T-net that can perhaps locate some information about this old WWI dog tag. There are three numbers on the reverse I can make out. They may be the last three digits in "Frank's" serial number. They are "131". Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would love to find the ID to the soldier and possibly return it to the family if I can connect with them. Thanks for your time. Kurios1

WWI Dog Tag Frank P. O'brien 001.JPG WWI Dog Tag Frank P. O'brien 002.JPG WWI Dog Tag Frank P. O'brien 003.JPG WWI Dog Tag Frank P. O'brien 004.JPG WWI Dog Tag Frank P. O'brien 005.JPG WWI Dog Tag Frank P. O'brien 006.JPG

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Locating the original owner well,ww2 vets are getting scarce.WW1 vets still living are very very few and far between if any.Good luck youll need it.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Locating the original owner well,ww2 vets are getting scarce.WW1 vets still living are very very few and far between if any.Good luck youll need it.
I didn't mean finding him alive. I just want to get a positive identification for him. Grave marker or anything of the like.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't mean finding him alive. I just want to get a positive identification for him. Grave marker or anything of the like.
Well buddy you have to say that instead of saying locating original owner :laughing9:I read books not minds:laughing7:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well buddy you have to say that instead of saying locating original owner :laughing9:I read books not minds:laughing7:

If you read my post to the end I did say I would like to return the dog tag to the "family" if I can locate them. I don't know any 120 year old folks living today. I reckon there aren't any WWI soldiers alive. Sorry if I caused you any grief with my post.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey K1, I went to "Find a grave.com" and found 25 matches. Not sure if that will help but it might narrow down the location. Check it out and good luck.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Aw come on Red, NOWHERE did Kurios1 say "original" owner, he said "find the ID to/of the soldier and return it to the FAMILY. I should think in this case a grand or great grandchild. You did say you read books, not minds, you must have "Misread". Good luck on the search Kurios, a nice thing to try to do. To some family's it might not mean much, but to others, it might be a small "treasure".

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Aw come on Red, NOWHERE did Kurios1 say "original" owner, he said "find the ID to/of the soldier and return it to the FAMILY. I should think in this case a grand or great grandchild. You did say you read books, not minds, you must have "Misread". Good luck on the search Kurios, a nice thing to try to do. To some family's it might not mean much, but to others, it might be a small "treasure". [/QU0TE] I guess you didnt read the title to the OP it states" possible original owner"

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool find my friend, I hope that you are able to locate this person, it is well worth it. I wish you the best. Jerry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread