NEL sharpshooter or Garrett 5x8" DD searchcoil

ITB5

Greenie
Jan 8, 2018
Tinton Falls NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Pro Pointer AT,Predator Tools Ranger 65,Lesche hand digger,Whites Digmaster Digger,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own the Garrett AT Pro and use the standard coil.I am looking for a good coil with great depth and iron discrimination, the standard coil doesn't always seem to "cut it". Does anybody have any suggestions on a good coil? I've been looking at the NEL Sharpshooter and the Garrett 5x8" DD searchcoil. TIA
I picked up the Garrett 5x8 coil for the pro and it has been good and I picked up some additional coins in areas I have hunted several times previously. I have found some deeper coins as well and was surprised at the depth it would pick up. I've read several people post on here that they use the 5x8 coil as their main coil replacing standard size coil on the at pro. I use both for situational searching but like the 5x8 just fine. No experience with the NEL

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
5 x 8 has been my go to coil. Haven't had experience with the sharpshooter, but have heard good things about it.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a NEL Sharpshoter on my Fisher F-75 and it stays on most of the time. I'm very happy with it. It doesn't seem to give up much to the stock 11" coil.

No experience with the Garrett.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I own the Garrett AT Pro and use the standard coil.I am looking for a good coil with great depth and iron discrimination, the standard coil doesn't always seem to "cut it". Does anybody have any suggestions on a good coil? I've been looking at the NEL Sharpshooter and the Garrett 5x8" DD searchcoil. TIA

I've also got the Garrett 5X8 coil and like it. But you mentioned depth. I also use the NEL Storm(13") coil. With a good ground balance and sensitivity setting, this coil is deep. This coil also separates great for a bigger coil and pinpoints really well. It will get a little heavy after a long day but worth every swing.Side note: I Do not work for any seller or manufacturers. Good luck.:thumb_up:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions