Good bye

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 3 calls that the IRS is going to put me in jail if i dont call the number they said so i guess i am a criminal. :dontknow: Called the Warden and said in 24 HRS. i be going to prison. She said its a scam but she said that she almost had a vacation. Darn it me too. :headbang:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh jeez you didn't call the number and give them all the information that they didn't originally have.....ie banking and personal info? Yep your going to jail....have a safe trip

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh jeez you didn't call the number and give them all the information that they didn't originally have.....ie banking and personal info? Yep your going to jail....have a safe trip
i aint to smart. :dontknow:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My reply to calls about my computer needing fixed is to explain I'm not near the information/ computor they need at the moment and it is not safe to be making calls while I'm driving...But they can call my home office and some one will be there can help them acquire what they need.
Then I give them the number to call and I must hang up now because I'm driving ,goodbye.
(Should they call the number they will get the sheriff' s office).

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My reply to calls about my computer needing fixed is to explain I'm not near the information/ computor they need at the moment and it is not safe to be making calls while I'm driving...But they can call my home office and some one will be there can help them acquire what they need.
Then I give them the number to call and I must hang up now because I'm driving ,goodbye.
(Should they call the number they will get the sheriff' s office).
My cousin retired from the IRS and they called her.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that AA! Can I have your detectors! Last year, the guy that sat next to me at work got a call from his wife. She was all concerned! She said the IRS just called and they wanted $5000. She gave him the phone number and he called them back. They told him they would arrest him today if he didn't pay immediately. He said he would be very happy if they came to work to arrest him because he really didn't want to go to his daily 2:00 P.M. meeting. They hung up!

He kept the phone number and called them back on President's day and the bozo answered the phone, and he said, "You guys aren't suppose to work on President's Day"? They hung up again. Wish they would catch these guys!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
they wouldn't take me alive i'm just saying

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got 3 calls that the IRS is going to put me in jail if i dont call the number they said so i guess i am a criminal. :dontknow: Called the Warden and said in 24 HRS. i be going to prison. She said its a scam but she said that she almost had a vacation. Darn it me too. :headbang:

The IRS does not call you, they send you certified letters that require a signature It is a scam.

I have been through 2 full blown audits, 20 years later I did not file 2 years, on 3rd year my CPA filed all 3 years, went to cpa and set up payments till I caught up. I received NO, I repeat No calls from IRS, only certified letters.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice.

Prison might be my best hope for room and board and medical benefits when I retire. If I can get there because I screwed the IRS?

Win/win.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a letter from the IRS telling me i forgot to sign an amended return. They didn't include any paper to sign, says i'm supposed to go to a web site....good luck with that one!
I couldn't comply even if i wanted to, and i don't.
A CPA did the tax papers for me and had me sign them in front of him.

Trying to get ahold of the CPA now but its busy season for them.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Straight from IRS website.

[FONT=&quot]IRS Special Edition Tax Tip 2014-18, September 2, 2014 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The IRS continues to warn the public to be alert for telephone scams and offers five tell-tale warning signs to tip you off if you get such a call. These callers claim to be with the IRS. The scammers often demand money to pay taxes. Some may try to con you by saying that you’re due a refund. The refund is a fake lure so you’ll give them your banking or other private financial information.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]These con artists can sound convincing when they call. They may even know a lot about you. They may alter the caller ID to make it look like the IRS is calling. They use fake names and bogus IRS badge numbers. If you don’t answer, they often leave an “urgent” callback request.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The IRS respects taxpayer rights when working out payment of your taxes. So, it’s pretty easy to tell when a supposed IRS caller is a fake. Here are five things the scammers often do but the IRS will not do. Any one of these five things is a sign of a scam. The IRS does not:[/FONT]

1. Call you to demand immediate payment. We will not call about taxes you owe without first mailing you a bill.
  2. Demand that you pay taxes without giving you the chance to question or appeal the amount they say you owe.
  3. Require you to use a certain payment method for your taxes, such as a prepaid debit card.
  4. Ask for credit or debit card numbers over the phone.
  5. Threaten to bring in local police or other law-enforcement to have you arrested for not paying.
[FONT=&quot]If you get a phone call from someone claiming to be from the IRS and asking for money, here’s what to do:[/FONT]

• If you know you owe taxes or think you might owe, call the IRS at 800-829-1040 to talk about payment options. You also may be able to set up a payment plan online at IRS.gov.
  • If you know you don’t owe taxes or have no reason to believe that you do, report the incident to TIGTA at 1.800.366.4484 or at www.tigta.gov.
  • If phone scammers target you, also contact the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov. Use their “FTC Complaint Assistant” to report the scam. Please add "IRS Telephone Scam" to the comments of your complaint.
[FONT=&quot]Remember, the IRS currently does not use unsolicited email, text messages or any social media to discuss your personal tax issues. For more information on reporting tax scams, go to www.irs.gov and type “scam” in the search box.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/five-easy-ways-to-spot-a-scam-phone-call[/FONT]

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't answer , I just let the Answering service take the message.
I think I had like 3 of them so Far. Each one said they were gonna Pick Me up.

Still waiting.

If I were to accidentally Answer , Because of a Close Number to one I know...

I would say, Tell them I'm Locked & Loaded....
Send them around :icon_thumright:

if SWAT Actually Shows, it would prove to me it is the IRS
Scamming on the side.

Last edited:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats I just got home and had that messege on my machine:headbang::hello2::laughing7:8-) From Burbank California

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
i aint to smart. :dontknow:
we aint related are we ? i trust doctors and lawyers. now i'm suffering from potato brain. and i hate talkin to anybody on the phone ? i mean anybody. so i wont be talkin to the warden anytime soon.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to answer junk calls. I like to try and see how long I can keep them on the line while offering absolutely no information whatsoever.I have not broken an hour yet, more like 20 minutes, but its a great hobby.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we aint related are we ? i trust doctors and lawyers. now i'm suffering from potato brain. and i hate talkin to anybody on the phone ? i mean anybody. so i wont be talkin to the warden anytime soon.

Yea Talking on the phone is a pain.

I always Talk Fast & find I'm talking the same time the other person is More then Not.

My Voice Probably rises in Volume too :laughing9:

I don't use a wireless Ear piece,
My Phone doesn't have a jack for an ear phone.
so my hand has to be holding the phone up to my ear Also.

(Speaker only works for talking. I can't hear well enough for the sPeaker)

Which would mean my arm Going to sleep if the call lasts long :(

Total Nightmare :coffee2:

& I'd want a computer screen, with tiny little writing, and Need to hold a Magnifying Glass yet to read Directions on increasing size etc. on Using it ?

Not in this Lifetime :(

even my Explorer Screen would be nice at twice it's size

Last edited:

john845

Dec 26, 2017
Newburgh ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Class III SL. Spectrum xlt Tesoro Vaquero Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got that call a week ago saying the irs has a lawsuit against me. The feds dont call on the phone you would get a letter in the mail.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
no they show up at your porch saying i'm from the government i'm here to help :icon_pale:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I usually just hang up on them.

But one day last week my brother was up and I received one of those calls. I played innocent going along with the call, had him on the line for about 3 minutes, and then "got" him. He called me a "dirty name" and hung up on me :)

My brother was rolling on the floor.

It felt great!

There's another one who keeps calling every single day "representing" Medicare. I just keep saying "Hi Josh, you called me yesterday" and he keeps hanging up on me too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread