Civil War Payroll gold may have been found in Elk County PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dennis production folks prefer no comment on social media. They don't want to ruin the surprise.

Ya, But what I been posting has been on TN for many years and not much new info. We been filming our work at Dents Run from day one for 7yrs. so now we have offers from movie and TV series because most of the filming is done and ready to edit. Problem is we need the FBI to bring this to a end so we can sell it. The more I talk the less its worth :BangHead: . May 15th is our dead line for the FBI to tell my lawyer something good and we will hold off but from the way things are going I don't think that will happen.

We had a great treasure hunting story before the FBI came in , now it gets BIGGER each day.

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I did Tom and you scoffed at it. So that is not true is it. But that's your thing and I'm moving on. Many on TNet are following their dream. Dennis is a great example. I don't care if he ever finds the gold bars. The story is great fun and I'm with him all the way. The story has great public interest. Many enjoy watching a show about Thunting. There will also be those who enjoy putting it all down with negative comments. But if you read and talk about the story or watch the show your hooked. Like it or not. If Dennis latches onto someone from California he wins. He is drawing national attention to his story.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...dents-run-show-tell-all-invite-oct-1-2-a.html

This is a thread from a long time ago FK promised a show and tell about this exact same site.

The list of people or groups that tell them to keep quiet about their great finds grows larger every spring.

We must remember this group claimed to have found an exact replica of Stonehenge in NS that only had the stones removed in the 1960's.It is really hard not to be extremely skeptical of anyone who makes claims such as this.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...onehenge-site-found-new-ross-nova-scotia.html

AS soon as we end this hunt (Dents Run ) we are ready to return to New Ross and prove what we posted and more. We had 2 show and tells at Dents Run over the years. News paper companys did show up, BUT someone took down our signs when we were up at the site. We did not do a big show at St Mary's, Pa. like we had wanted , that was the only one we did not do because some people that were to talk did not want to show up:BangHead:
. If we say it, we will prove it. WE have not taken down any of our finds from our web site, if we made things up why not remove them. No we just add more as we locate them. I all ways said if the state or federal gov. screw's us on Dents Run , they will never find our other sites and they could sit a long time before a dig happens 8-)

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Whenever I see someone posting negative comments that tells me there is a jealous person. I guess it's human nature. Positive comments come from a man who is comfortable in his own shoes. One that has no need to put someone down constantly to make himself feel important. Take a close look in the mirror. Which are you.

Last edited:

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AS soon as we end this hunt (Dents Run ) we are ready to return to New Ross and prove what we posted and more. We had 2 show and tells at Dents Run over the years. News paper companys did show up, BUT someone took down our signs when we were up at the site. We did not do a big show at St Mary's, Pa. like we had wanted , that was the only one we did not do because some people that were to talk did not want to show up:BangHead:.

Ok.... while we wait for you to provide some evidence for Dents Run and Stonehenge

How about these other finds of yours?.....any chance of some proof confirming just one of these?
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/beale-codes/103366-beale-codes-solved.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-legends/472035-tunnels-more-just-found-new-ross-n-s.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/o...-proof-vikings-were-here-before-templars.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...ult-chamber-located-new-ross-nova-scotia.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/p...l-treasure-letter-solved-finders-keepers.html

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whenever I see someone posting negative comments that tells me there is a jealous person. I guess it's human nature. Positive comments come from a man who is comfortable in his own shoes. One that has no need to put someone down constantly to make himself feel important. Take a close look in the mirror. Which are you.

Take a look at the list above ....... the only thing I have to be jealous about is which one of us has a better imagination.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
In the long run NewAge who cares. The Superstition Mountains story is full of those who claim they found the Lost Dutchman Mine. Great for them. How does that affect the rest of us in our daily lives. If it makes Dennis happy to tell of his adventures. Great for him. I personally enjoy reading about others adventures. Inspires me to have a few of my own. I enjoyed searching the Bell Draft area. Even found some gun parts from the time period. Did I toss away my time. Hell no! Do I believe there was gold in the area. Hell yes. Do I believe more bars will be found. I don't know or care. Many are enjoying the search.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... May 15th is our dead line for the FBI to tell my lawyer something good and we will hold off but from the way things are going I don't think that will happen....

Yup. There it is. Just as predicted. Quote in Italics & bold above: Vibes that 5/15 may not have any treasure.D

Durned that red tape and government bureaucracy anyhow !

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... He is drawing national attention to his story.

No doubt he is. We all know what sells in Hollywood. That's why America Unearthed managed to stay on the air so-long , despite the easily debunked story-lines. Because they're filled with cliff-hangers, and attempt to "shake up conventional knowledge". Conventional knowledge is boring. Regular treasure cache finds and coin-shooting is boring to the average TV viewer and the nightly news.

But this isn't the question here, is it ? The question is: "Is there a treasure?" and "Was anything found ?" Otherwise, you're right: It's just a "story". Not a "find". Yet you'll see ample quotes from him that he's "found" (past tense) a treasure. Hence the critique he's subjected himself to.

And you say: " I don't care if he ever finds the gold bars ". Which is quite ... errr, "telling". Sounds like a search is still underway. Instead of past tense found. Eh ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whenever I see someone posting negative comments that tells me there is a jealous person. .....

Perhaps. Or it could be muddled in your definition of "negative" comments. If you define negative comments as someone who says "show us the proof ", then sure: Those persons are being "negative".

And if there's no treasure, then ..... what's there to be jealous about ? :dontknow:

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a look at the list above ....... the only thing I have to be jealous about is which one of us has a better imagination.

It is those with imagination that change the world, those who say what if,or (could you imagine if)so I ask you to (imagine) what if Edison, or Tesla, or any of the pioneers of man,what if they didn't imagine, wonder,yearn for what is undiscovered or yet unknown, the world would be a loss for it,just saying that this man, this outfit is out there in the world, trying to discover,it's my opinion that more should support, and encourage all those who dare to discover, is this not what the best story's are made of, is that not the essential drive of treasure hunting, validity is also necessary, but scepticism on the outset narrows ones lens with which the world is viewed. I am a member of t net to enjoy the treasure adventures of like minded, until thing's are disproven, then who am I to discredit any treasure hunt that I am not a part of, perhaps more should take this view. Open-mindedness is learned through experience

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Perhaps. Or it could be muddled in your definition of "negative" comments. If you define negative comments as someone who says "show us the proof ", then sure: Those persons are being "negative".

And if there's no treasure, then ..... what's there to be jealous about ? :dontknow:

You have any mirrors in the house?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
In the long run NewAge who cares...... Many are enjoying the search.

If it were just a "search" being talked about, then you'd be right. Unfortunately however, he is not couching it in terms of "looking for" or "searching for". He's couched it in past tense "found".

And lest you think that's harmless: Look at when this popped up in the new, and on forums. Sure enough, speculations and titles like "CW treasure found".

Thus yes: Some people "care" about that. They call a spade a spade. And if someone cries wolf: They point that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread