Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doubt anyone will take me up on this, but I figured it is worth a shot in the dark. Thinking about some accessories I need and possibly new machine(really like the look of the new nox800.) Problem is money is tight, single dad and so on blah blah blah. Let me be clear though, I am not looking for charity or donations; I prefer to work for what I get in life. I have mastered a unique skill set in all things glass and do very well in other areas of anything hand made including metal working and ceramics. Anyone in the market for any custom glass or art work? maybe custom glass lighting or drinking glassware? Custom finds displays? If you have a project that needs custom work, maybe we can come to an agreement for trade or purchase of a metal detector or accessories.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a need but you might want to think about offering your services on EBay or Etsy..Be specific on what it is you are offering and you will be surprised at what can come of it.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also Craigslist !

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aware of those markets, current job won't allow that time investment. Just seeing if by chance somethings had a need for a one time job. If not I'll just make like 100 Christmas ornaments. Jyst prefer to work on something more challenging or interesting than that.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish you the best with this.

You're a Charter Member, so you should post in the For Sale forums as well, offering your services there as well. Exposure will mean the world to you. Stay safe!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also if you want to moonlight to make extra money it might be wise to tell people what town you live to see how close you are to them.

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe some photos of past work will help.Here is a few wood working pieces shelf.jpg wood jewelry.jpg wood jewerly2.jpg

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here are some glass pieces that i was commissioned to do for other artists because of the skill sets involved, the bodies are life sized the pendant lamp is about 13 inches in diameter glass bodies comission.jpg pendant light.jpg

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
more random glass work, most of these are large scale with exception of a few
12 photoroom jr year 195.jpg 13 rearrangable velcro wall.jpg 14 transfer case chain.jpg 15 transfer case chain close up.jpg 16 layers.jpg 17 layers close up.jpg 20 still motion.jpg 22 woven glass.jpg 23 woven glass close up.jpg industrial.jpg trevorpierce2013 work.jpg

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TP, you are one SKILLED dude!! That is certainly some mind-blowing work...I would be more than happy to contribute towards your financial goal for a piece or two of your hand-crafted masterpieces. Ddf

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TP, you are one SKILLED dude!! That is certainly some mind-blowing work...I would be more than happy to contribute towards your financial goal for a piece or two of your hand-crafted masterpieces. Ddf

Thanks, would love to make something! Send me a pm and let's figure out the details.

OP
OP
Tpmetal

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've got some serious skills there!!!! I understand the time constrictions being a single father. Have you got souvenir shops or smaller gift shops close? Have you thought about throwing a couple small glass display boxes together with a small selection of your earrings & necklaces to sample your work? Take them to the shops, talk to the owner to either sell on commission or just display with your business card & a note you'd do custom work. If you could do it on commission, you can pretty much work as time permits. One of my friends did this. She started out with dream catchers & those beer can hats then jewelry. She'd do this sitting in front of the TV. She made pretty good money. Pretty easy, take a box to re-stock them grab your check or cash & home you go! No going to the post office daily etc. etc.

Truly impressive work there! You should do very well with your skills!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy I'll tell you. When I lived in NYC, I had a General Vendor's license. I would stop and talk to other vendors who would set up tables down on Broom Street, in Manhattan. Some of the guys sold custom made handbags, some sold jewelry that they created.
They did pretty good. What you needed was a NYS sales tax certificate and a vendors license or someone with a vendors license to cover your table.
I don't know if you are a veteran or if your local Department of Consumer Affairs issues these licenses, but it might be worth it to look into.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You are very gifted indeed.

If you have more information you're willing to share (location, website etc), please do so: an artist's success is largely determined by being seen by the right people at the right time :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread