This means war! The Bobcat and my chicken

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
my friend has a cat ===that has learned to mimic the word "snack" ...often while my freind is washing the dishes or doing things in the kitchen --the cat will jump up on the table and go "nack" --if no treat is forth coming ---she will start pushing things off the table.... the pest

note my friend used to say " do you want a snack" BEFORE giving her one ...its a Bengal cat very very smart cat

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet it sure wasn't a Road Runner LOL Sorry but had to help with a little levity

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Beware the bobcat.Like mountain lions bobcats are ambush hunters.They don't hesitate to drag down prey ten times their own body weight.That puts you on the menu lol.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bobcat is a stealthy creature. I have seen it's rear zooming by a couple times only. Since I cut the trees down, I haven't seen any tracking or anything near the house. There is just no cover for the cats anymore.

Scrambles the Wonder Chicken had a new sound yesterday, half between a cluck and a growl. I'm still trying to get the growl on film.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bobcat.jpg

Hummmm this one was caught Woodsfield Ohio it is 25 miles South East of Cambridge Oh off of highway 77 They said it weighed 52 pounds

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gare, that one's huge. The one I actually saw here was maybe 25 pounds at the max. Little squirt. Lots of folks have seen it around here. Probably a bunch of them.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Nomad 11, I let her inside once when she was a young thing. She tried to kill the cat. I have tried to get her to growl again, no luck. And she and her friends had a wonderful lemon danish today and half a cantaloupe. Plus chicken food.

Fistfulladirt, do not even look sideways at a bird of prey. A friend and I were boating on the Chesapeake a couple years ago and found an eagle feather. We took a couple pics and put it back. You can't even own one.
huh ! maybe that chicken has esp too ! and it was offended when i said if its head ever spins 360 degrees i want to see video ? ya think ? i'm just glad i'm not you cat. now it has an axe to grind !

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TRUE STORY: Way back in the early 90's I lived in the country with wife and 4 kids. Wife HAD TO HAVE these chickens and ducks. Kids were from 2-6 y/o. We had a small kids swimming pool in backyard they used. Well she had this one male M-duck. Can't spell the name correctly... but was ugly and had the "warts" all over it's head! Well this duck was aggressive and attacked the kids all the time. So this one day I took the kids out to use the pool. But this time I had a 5ft. long "duck stick" close to me. Sure enough here comes Mr. Big Nuts across the yard and coming quickly! I went for the stick but not before it pulled some hair out of my sons head.

Now it WAR TIME! He's screaming and all the kids are now heading for the house. Not me...!!! I grab my duck stick and "open up" duck season. I ran up and whopped the duck hard. Instead of running away its now PISSED at me! It comes straight at me and whop it on the body 2-3 more times. Now it's heading away across yard and I'm chasing it swinging. Ducks are pretty fast when they wanna be. It gets close to the edge of the yard and set's flight for about 10-15 yards over a fence into an non mowed field about 2ft high. Bad decision on the ducks part. I jumped the fence, caught up quickly to the meanie and commenced dishing out justice.

Long story short now... I didn't kill the damn duck then and let it go. But I thought I had got my point across. I was wrong. The duck still attacked the kids when I was gone BUT every time it saw me it would run like hell. So it wasn't all stupid and did recognize me (so much for "bird brain"). So what did I learn...? I should have grabbed the duck, held it down and LET THE KIDS BEAT THE HELL OUT OF IT.

1 week later I shot the stupid duck and gave away the wife's goat when I came home and found it standing on the hood of my one piece fiberglass tilt front end on my 406 small block street legal Vega.

(Where are the bobcats when ya need them?)

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
holy crap limitool that duck was possessed

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that breed is Muscovy. Roosters are a lot meaner than drake ducks. You really needed a bobcat for him. Male ducks will also kill all the babies (their babies) if given a chance. I had some ducks and the drake killed all 8 of the 1/3 grown babies one morning for no reason whatsoever.

Back to reality - I let Scrambie and her two friends out today for some grass. They ate the whole lawn.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
has scrambles the wonder chicken growled anymore

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. And I have gone out and "baited" her by growling myself some. She don't listen to nobody. I'll get it one day. When She's ready.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rustygold, I think you nailed it. She is very pretty and very docile. And has a birdbrain.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
She is a beautiful cat. I was expecting more of a rogue look to her but quite the opposite from her photo.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They ran out of water when I was out during the day. I really heard about it when I got home. They got a huge pretzel and a double huge blueberry muffin. Sometimes they knock the water over.....

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , Warning Giving opium based medication to person who has Chickenpox causes posts of this nature. TP

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tinpan, rofl, and have you missed your happy nap again?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread