Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, her worship has not growled again. I sat with them over an hour yesterday, waiting. I guess too many blueberry muffins.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually Honest, that part of them is not measured!

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Wife busy today so she going to the country bakery on the way home. She asked what i wanted for lunch.I asked for Chicken Maryland but she said there was none. Couple of chicken pies will do. TP

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy one for Scrambie. She likes chicken. She also likes pork. And eggs. And mouse tar tar.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
that chicken is really creppy

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, she's actually quite normal. Chickens have personalities. I don't have a rooster. With the absence of the "protector" rooster, Scrambles is now the alpha. She is the head girl and protects the other two. Chickens are (supposedly) descended from dinosaurs, like the velociraptors. If you remember "Jurassic Park" those were the smaller ones that chased and ate everybody. The wild junglefowl in Asia is where our modern chickens came from. They still fly. Some of the Bantam chickens can fly somewhat.

A chicken is an omnivore, just like a human. They can eat just about anything we can although chocolate and avacado are no-no's for them.

And as vertebrates, they have most of the same organs we do. Time to go and give the girls their breakfast.

littlehugger

Nov 23, 2005
Yup. She definitely is a bird of a different feather. Doesn't listen, doesn't lay eggs, sings the "egg" song AFTER she eats the egg, runs away, doesn't like to get pet, growls, is greedy, yup - the perfect pet!

Here's a pic of her worship.

(At least she thinks she's special. A special *what* we'll probably never know.)

View attachment 1577220

Seems to me, a chicken like that is only good for eating.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i wouldn't eat that chicken

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that breed is Muscovy. Roosters are a lot meaner than drake ducks. You really needed a bobcat for him. Male ducks will also kill all the babies (their babies) if given a chance. I had some ducks and the drake killed all 8 of the 1/3 grown babies one morning for no reason whatsoever.

Back to reality - I let Scrambie and her two friends out today for some grass. They ate the whole lawn.

The drakes kill ducklings to open up the hen. Ducks ain't stoopid, just very selfish. And spiteful little buggers too, yet somehow still delicious!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, they are delicious. Nasty, dirty critters too. The chickens are much less work than owning a duck.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ain't kidding. I grew 15 ducklings once. For some stupid reason we thought they needed a pool. Got a one of them plastic koi pond liners. The ducks crap in their water and in even in their food The pool became a cesspool every week. I'll bet a duck out craps a chicken ten to one.

Ended up with eleven at the slaughter out of fifteen ducklings. One died a week in, two got eaten by a skunk, and the last was MIA. Man I do not miss cleaning that duck pool, but ducks are indeed delicious! I can't remember the breed we raised but they look just like mallards.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Muscovy hens aren’t exactly the friendliest coop mates either. The two I had would latch on to the chickens with their beaks and not let go. Poor hens would drag ‘em around the coop. When the Muscovy hens were out, they’d try to mate with our tame bunnies. I didn’t care for the bird’s dry, greasy meat much at all (as that’s how they ended up, cooked).

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chickens are much more user friendly.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, they are delicious. Nasty, dirty critters too. The chickens are much less work than owning a duck.

Fun fact, ducks are natures rapists. Their sex organs have developed as a direct result of this. They are brutal little creatures

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a new subject, her worship, Scrambles the Wonder Chicken still will not growl again and now it's raining and she's complaining about that.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Late to the thread... a fun read.
One of my chickens barks like my dog, a short, high pitched yelp, hard to tell who did it sometimes.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Muscovy hens aren’t exactly the friendliest coop mates either. The two I had would latch on to the chickens with their beaks and not let go. Poor hens would drag ‘em around the coop. When the Muscovy hens were out, they’d try to mate with our tame bunnies. I didn’t care for the bird’s dry, greasy meat much at all (as that’s how they ended up, cooked).

A Muscovy duck it WAS..! Nastiest damn duck breed on planet earth (so I say). They have more balls then brains (unless YOU own a gun). What does MUSCOVY mean... "wart headed"...?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread