Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: What do you want in a relationship?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2014
    46 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

What do you want in a relationship?

Just curious as to what everyone's opinion is on a romantic relationship.

For me, I think a relationship means two people are in a team, who have each other's backs and help each other when things get tough. It means being considerate of the other person, and truly trying to understand things from the other person's perspective. It should also have loyalty and respect.

What do you guys think?

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    3670 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hey claypile. You should refer to today's post "Dang Delaware" by crypticrecon. You two should get together.
    dirtdigginfool likes this.

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    15862 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Foolishness,it took me over 60 years to actually SEE that!

GOD Bless

Chris
    ​EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM ?

Anger is what keeps you emotionally lost in your head and blind to reality.

A lie doesn't become the truth just because people believe it.

​7 minutes could change your lif​e...
    http://antidoteforall.com/

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    XP Deus
    9047 times
    Quote Originally Posted by claypile View Post

For me, I think a relationship means two people are in a team, who have each other's backs and help each other when things get tough. It means being considerate of the other person, and truly trying to understand things from the other person's perspective. It should also have loyalty and respect.

What do you guys think?
    Been married for 43 years and I really can't remember.
    gold boy, TerryC and Stringtyer like this.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Charter Member
    us
    Sorry Honey, I can’t. I’ve got plans with my metal detector.

Nov 2013
    Ft. Myers FL
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, the Bounty Hunter and Deteknix Quest Pro are collecting dust.
    12998 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

What do you guys think?
    My marriage is all of those, and then some....
    My first marriage however, included none of those, a kid, and a record.
    I invite you to visit my profile, look what I've found!

ELECT A CLOWN, EXPECT A CIRCUS

Charter Member
    us
    Classic car lover

Jul 2017
    some where in the great state of Texas
    Teknectics eurotek pro bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2 used a teroso compadre. Carry a 22 cal. six-shooter.
    11525 times
    hunting,bottle digging,coin roll hunting,shooting,Metal Detecting, swimming,
    Banner Finds (1)

What do you guys think?
    happy wife happy life mad wife aw

us
    Jul 2006
    Jefferson, Ga
    BH LRP 1265X, GoldBug II
    1572 times
    One thing that really helps is to have your Birthdays 180 days apart.
    Do your due diligence.
    Marvin
    From the Redneck dictionary-----------un∑der∑tak∑er | \ˌən-dər-ˈtā-kər,
    The last person to see you Naked.
    Beep, Beep.

Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2 Nokta pinpointer
    1032 times
    Turn on and go,Good penetration, not too much high tone, lightweight, economical

Chub

Charter Member
    us
    May 2015
    North Georgia
    MineLab CTX 3030
    662 times
    Metal Detecting
    Blind obedience and unwavering loyalty to me!! Only kidding, all I need, and I have it, is a pretty playful Girl.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet" General James "Mad Dog" Mattis (Callsign: Chaos), United States Marine Corps (Retired)

Semper Fidelis !!!!!

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    20215 times
    Metal Detecting
    Took me a few wives and children to learn what real love is. I always associated sex with love going through my early teens, into my 30s. It wasn't until I got together with my best friend, 27-years ago, that I finally learned what a real love-based relationship felt like. We have not fought or had a harsh word between us in all that time. We have disagreed, but not with malice. My biggest joy is making her happy, catering to her needs. And I know that she feels and does the same for me.

No jealousy; power trips; obsessiveness; nagging - just laughing; hugging; smiling; squeezing; kissing, and a little wrestling!

us
    Jul 2013
    OC, Calif
    Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
    609 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Before you get married, you can do no wrong. After marriage, you can't do a d*nm thing right. Took me a long time to figure that out.
    aa battery, RTH, ColeBen and 1 others like this.

us
    Apr 2008
    Daytona Beach, Fl.
    Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
    65 times
    Shipwrecks
    True love , is when i knew my wife really loved me when a few months ago she handed me a hand full of money to buy a motorcycle.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    3195 times
    This is part of a paper i wrote few years ago while taking a communications class.
    It could use a little revision but i will keep it as i wrote it.
    The title was "The perfect Relationship"

It was mid to late August of 2002 when I sat down at my computer to check the thousands of emails that were flooding in every day. They were all from women who wanted and needed a man such as myself. I could not respond to them all, mainly because of time restrictions and cash flow problems. Some of these women required as much as $3.99 a minute. Helping them get through college was always a priority for me, but even a world famous philanthropist, such as myself, has to draw the line somewhere.

As I was scrolling down my list of needy women, I happened upon an email that set itself apart from the rest. Instead of pleading for me to come visit her at her web site, like 99% of the other emails I had received, she just let me know that she lived in my area and would like to communicate with me. Well, who am I to say no to a free phone call.

After calling her on the phone, I found her to be quite interesting. I talked about myself night after night, hour after hour, for two weeks straight. These conversations were some of the best I have ever had with a woman. Finally, after one week, I got up the nerve to ask her name. I was over whelmed with her response; “Joanne” she said. This was the first word I heard her say. Our relationship had reached another plateau.

After I memorized her name, I knew the time for us to meet was at hand. I quickly told her I was hungry and invited myself to her house to sample some of her cooking. She readily provided detailed directions to her home and confirmed a time to meet. Our first date was set. I wanted to make a positive impression, so I took a lot of time to pick out an appropriate gift; a brand new oven mitt shaped like a fish and an orange cooking apron straight from home depot. I had contemplated a new high tech mop (one of those with a bottle of cleaner attached to the handle). But dinner was on the agenda and I figured I could get her the mop in a week or two, as a birthday gift or something.

Knowing what pleases a woman has always been one of my better traits and this sets me apart from the average man. I was certain I had chosen the right gift, and as a final surprise, I decided to bring my two sons along as well.I promptly arrived 45 minutes late.

Love was in the air as my children and I stepped up to her door. As I knocked, my heart fluttered. The door opened and Joanne appeared before me for the first time. She was as beautiful as I had imagined. As she spoke, I savored her words: “YOU’RE LATE!!” she said. “And who the hell are these kids? Get in here, you’re letting the flies in”, she demanded. I was in heaven, we were communicating as if we had known each other all our lives. Not only did she quickly invite me into her home, but she showed an immediate affection for my children.

It’s not often that a man and woman can communicate like this, but it’s something I think everyone should strive for. She loved my gift as well; when I presented it to her, she shouted unspeakable things and stated she would not be caught dead using such items. This definitely meant that she is a very sentimental person and wanted to keep these gifts for years to come. We have been together for a year and a half now and I am the light of her life.
    Last edited by Ammoman; Jul 05, 2018 at 10:08 PM.
    Dig till you drop!

Mar 2014
    46 times
    In relationships, there can be a lot of misunderstandings that's why even if you are married for many years it's still important to consider the other person's feelings. Many dont know that their partner has depression so i guess its always good to have a heart to heart talk.
    Mackaydon likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    10015 times
    Metal Detecting
    38 years here. THE ADMIRAL is finally coming around to realize that I'm usually right.

But I learned when to realize to yield rather than have a Pyrrhic victory. (Look it up).

Actually we're a pretty good team.
    Last edited by Charlie P. (NY); Jul 05, 2018 at 11:33 PM.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links