My chickens need professional help

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't free range them, two many fox, fisher and hawks around.

One morning I was standing on our back deck watching the bantam chickens in the pasture and the one I was looking at exploded. A three foot cloud of feathers.

As I stood amazed a hawk shook itself off and flew away with my little partridge bantam chicken. It came in so fast I never registered it in my sight.

We had something get into a coop and kill 28 chickens. Parts everywhere. I suspect fisher(s). Have been seeing them hereabouts.

And this spring we got "double-teamed" with foxes. Two came in from opposite directions . . . I know because I was after one that our rooster was facing off at the same time THE ADMIRAL was watching one take our Guinea cock.

It's war.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you raise Chickens in Enemy territory you have to make their pins bulletproof.
Marvin

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
when its war --you gotta bring in the heavy artillery to help the chickens out

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
they are needing social help very badly. they are trying to let you know that they need this help. as a professional sickalogolist, I can tell you that as they have gotten older, they have literally ran out of things to talk about. What they need is another newer hen to talk about or with and all will be well in chicken land. (unless the new chicken clashes with the others and then things would turn out worse but it will still give the older ones something new to talk about.) There is an art about using reverse sickalogoly on others but when you get it down, it can work wonders. :laughing7:

Folks... I am a professional sickalogolist.... All these chickens need to do is give me a 1 day notice and line up on the table about 25 yds. in front of my wood shop. They need to hold their heads very still and after a few minutes we'll start a dialog toward any problems they might have HAD! :laughing7:

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my hens has started trying to crow like a rooster. It was shocking the first time I heard it because I am CERTAIN I have no roosters. They can certainly get very rowdy and make some strange for a chicken sounds.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
When you raise Chickens in Enemy territory you have to make their pins bulletproof.
Marvin

we are getting chickens at some point and we have foxes,yotes,hawks,raccoons,and possums. I will be spending money on ammo a lot probably

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
we are getting chickens at some point and we have foxes,yotes,hawks,raccoons,and possums. I will be spending money on ammo a lot probably
No need for ammo. Just build in the birds. Mine can sleep safely, no problems for years now. Just don’t let ‘em free range unsupervised, nothing to worry about...:laughing7:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I gave a friend of mine who helps in keeping my home tidy once a week couple of good but old bags of baby spinach for "her" two female chickens she has -- I have given her some in the past as well as other veggies --she says --they will not touch shredded lettuce but love the baby spinach and lay eggs for her after their given spinach ...I told her the soil in these parts northern florida is iron poor ,,and that the spinch and other greens (turnip greens collards and mustards have high iron content and calcium which they naturally crave ,,,iron and calcium are vital for strong egg shells)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread