Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got up this morning and it was a beautiful start of a day, of course that was before the sun got up and heated up the very high humidity. I really wanted to go detecting but I am still not cleared for things like that plus I am not sure where all my gear is at the moment. We have boxes everywhere, full and ready to be moved to the new house but it is still occupied and full of it's own stuff waiting to be moved. We have most of the house repairs all taken care of, just a few real small fix items but now you have to move boxes just to get to them.
It will be another 2 weeks before my father's new house is finished and then he will "slowly" begin moving his stuff into it. in about 3 weeks, my wife along with two daughters and two small granddaughters will be making a road trip north to Wisconsin to visit with her older sister. they will be gone about 10 days. I refused to go with them, way too much estrogen in one vehicle for me plus I will be hopefully moving some of our stuff by then. Once the moving thing begins, we will have a ton of stuff to do. I both dread the move and am looking forward to it.
Once it is done, it will be an awesome thing for us. our current home is rather small and so everything is in bins or boxes. we have stuff under the house, in the very small shed and no shop for me to keep my tools or work on things. I will actually have a large shop plus a large 2 car garage, won't know what to do with all of the room. I will have a very nice garden plus a nice canning room to keep everything in. The 2 story log home is more like a hunting lodge gone wild but we will deal with it, happily too. So, in limbo for a while but it is a good limbo. We slow down as we pass our permission, we will be hitting it hard again soon enough. For some reason, the air conditioning sure feels really nice right now. Good luck my friends and happy hunting. DL

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DL, Congrats on your new home! I would be glad to bring down case-after-case of Christmas ornaments for you to store there! There's a local ornament shop that calls me whenever they run out of something! The only problem with having more room is somehow, those empty spaces get filled-up with stuff!

I hope to read someday that you have filled those spaces with all your great MD finds!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I made a 330 mile move in 2 trips last July and August. I moved the contents of a two bedroom apartment into a 2 bedroom house. I also have a barn, garage, and basement. It may take a little time but it will get done and the extra space gets filled up real quick. Good luck with your new home and the move.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions