What is wrong with me or is it people ? Please RESPOND !

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last couple of weeks has been something else. I sure have been getting upset with people. Read this post and please give me your opinion. A couple of weeks ago A gal posted a picture of two of her horses eating off of a round bale with the nylon netting still on it. I told her the wrapping should be removed to prevent horses for ingesting the nylon causing horses to Colic and even die. She replied (to save face) she never leaves wrappings on the bales when she feeds them. I have drove past there place many times and seen the wrappings still on the bales and horses eating them. She has lost a few horses to Colic.
I have horses and help quite a few people out with horse issues. Lady lost her horse a week and a half ago . She is about 50 miles from me . Asked me to come up with my horses and Drones and see if i could help locate her horse. I asked to to give better directions and please update often what has been discovered and any new sightings. She posts nothing and will not return my calls.
Last week I was at horse camp and just at the power pole before you enter the camp is a reward poster for a lost dog. Offering quite a bit of money. I called the guy and invited him to come to the camp and maybe i could help him with some ideas. Last Saturday we had a big cooking event with a lot of people. I told the guy to put a poster of the lost dog on our posted board because a lot of people come in bring there horses and ride a 40 mile trail system and someone might see the dog if they knew one was missing. He thought that was a good idea but never put one up. I called him Saturday and was about 1/21 mile from his place and NO OTHER homes around. I told him i see Dog tracks on the road and he should see if they are about the size of his dog. Said he would check them out a little later. Sunday morning I drove to the spot we had seen while riding our horses and noticed a small dead animal off the road something had been eating on it. Now i am thinking his dog that probably had pups was coming out of the brush and eating what it could of it. So i called the guy about 9:30 AM Sunday morning . I asked him if he checked that spot out he said not as yet. I asked him to come down now as i was there and had a couple ideas. He told me he could come down in a couple of hours as he ass watching TV !~!! I just hung up my cell phone and drove back to camp. me and my wife rode for like 4 hours looking for his dog On the trails looking for his dog.
Back at camp a lady asked me how we got back to camp the way we came in because she got lost. I have been riding the trails at this camp for almost 26 years. Every time i tried to say something she would just interrupt me. after about 10 minutes of trying to explain i just rode off . My wife said i was a little short with her.
I have helped other people find dogs, Horses and Cows. Gold jewelry and almost never taken a reward. I would not take a reward to find that guys dog either.

Am i the bad guy in these issues or are they ? Thanks for taking tiome to read this and please respond with your THOUGHTS even if there against me

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People are so self centered these days it's pathetic. It's not you, it's the downward turn of society.

Dsorgnzd

Sep 23, 2003
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Patriot,
White's5900 Di Pro,
Compass Relic Magnum 7A
To quote George Carlin, "Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are stupider than that." So it isn't you.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL good replies :)

Bama Billy

Apr 2, 2018
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you gave three examples of people being self centered. Not a single thing unusual about that. I’m a dog lover but there’s zero chance I’m looking for a dog when the owner is on his couch.

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh it is definitely the way people are these days. I was detecting at the beach last week and a lady comes running up to me and says... my daughter lost her ring, could you find it with that "thing". I said sure where did she lose it and what was it made of? She acted like she didn't want to tell me it was gold. Like i may steal it or something. I explained to her that it helps with knowing what to look for on the detector. She reluctantly tells me she "thinks" it Might be gold. I went over with her to where it was lost and on my very first swing i find it. A platinum ring loaded with diamonds!! She grabs the ring out of my scooper and takes off. Not even a thank you! It's sad how self centered most people are these days.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not everyone appreciates helpfulness. Perhaps if you stopped sweating other people's personal problems, you would feel better. Do your good deeds when the opportunity arises, but don't voluntarily spend hours on others' labor.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A gal was bragging how well she cared for her horses when we were at a neighbors.
I raised a hoof to find an unhappy frog and little evidence of the hoof seeing regular care.
Don't do this ,but in my opinion it was needed , and it was a younger temper regarding animal care responsibility. I kicked her (the owner) right in the butt. Hard.

Weeks later she rode up to my porch with tears in her eyes asking me to check hooves...Needless to say they looked much better.

Most people get defensive when told they are failing an animal that is their property. Inexperience ,and lack of common sense combined with not understanding a given animal makes it worse.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are definitely not "the bad guy". But you seem to consistently be more emotionally invested than those around you. The convenient conclusion is that everyone else is wrong or "bad" but I'm guessing there's a different perspective shared by the people you reference in your OP. People probably see you in a different light than you see yourself. They may see you as pushy or overbearing or (something else???). Obviously, I don't know... but without the perspective of the people you reference, there's no way to know for sure. You're the common denominator in these interactions that are consistently not pleasant so you need to start there.

BTW, I speak from example of learning that I had some characteristics that people found... less than charming.

OO

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No shortage of bozos here! Last week saw another report of a person leaving their kids in the car while they shopped. It was 100 degrees outside and the person commented that the two kids were asleep and didn't want to wake them! Wow, guess she didn't get Mother of the Year award!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh it is definitely the way people are these days. I was detecting at the beach last week and a lady comes running up to me and says... my daughter lost her ring, could you find it with that "thing". I said sure where did she lose it and what was it made of? She acted like she didn't want to tell me it was gold. Like i may steal it or something. I explained to her that it helps with knowing what to look for on the detector. She reluctantly tells me she "thinks" it Might be gold. I went over with her to where it was lost and on my very first swing i find it. A platinum ring loaded with diamonds!! She grabs the ring out of my scooper and takes off. Not even a thank you! It's sad how self centered most people are these days.

You know what is so sad,, ??
There are people who will try to use people to get over on other people.
I belong to Lost My Stuff Group - Home
I have searched for, recovered, and returned numerous items. I also went on a few wild goose chases.
In another situation, there was a person who overheard a conversation about a lost gold wedding band,, while attending a party. She managed to get a friend of mine to search for it. She knew that the ring was a womans wedding band, was yellow gold, and the general vicinity of a park where it was lost. My friend found a yellow gold woman's wedding band right in the ball field that this lady told him she was at. He showed her the ring and she said it was hers. What she couldn't tell him was the engraved date on the inside of the band. He refused to give it to her. What happened next was that this lady gave my friend the name and phone number of the woman who actually lost the ring. My friend calls her and tells her that he found a ring and asks for the inscription in the inner band of the ring.
She gives him the date of when she got married. He gave her the ring. Why didn't her friend tell him the truth from the beginning?
It's a strange world when it comes to looking for people's precious items, whether it's a lost dog or a wedding band.

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you gave three examples of people being self centered. Not a single thing unusual about that. I’m a dog lover but there’s zero chance I’m looking for a dog when the owner is on his couch.

You know, I might of still looked for the dog Bama, if I found it, not so sure I'd return the dog to THAT owner, I mean, the dog never did me any wrong. And GARE, it's not you, your just by nature trying to be a right kind of guy, trying to do the right thing. It often seems somehow the "politeness" is being bread out of society, and rudeness becomes the new norm. So...we just kind of need to set our own standard, and stick with it.

Last edited:

Bama Billy

Apr 2, 2018
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, I might of still looked for the dog Bama, if I found it, not so sure I'd return the dog to THAT owner, I mean, the dog never did me any wrong.

I considered that option as well and I’m pretty likely to do the same. I LOVE dogs and both of mine are spoiled rotten, I guess bad owners really irritate me. Watching tv instead of looking for your dog? Just crazy.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Myself, I'm surrounded by self centered idiots who lack even an milligram of common sense in their brains. They are everywhere, everyday. There are many I would like to inflict some pain upon. And I'm not a violent person by nature. So you see what the average Joe or Jane has driven me to. I'm really disgusted with humanity lately. I think most Americans need a wake up call and a reality check. Or a good swift kick in the ass. Personally, I think it's too late. Humanity is heading in a downward spiral.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't tell you whats wrong with you...have you seen a doctor. Well even then they are just guessing too....I believe you have discovered that humanity is gone and with it went courteousness. That's is why from what I can guess in your post that you went opposite of the world, Congratulations! But this road is getting lonelier each and every day.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To quote George Carlin, "Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are stupider than that." So it isn't you.

But as Paul Harvey said, 'and now for the rest of the story...'

We are getting only one side of this story. As he stated himself, his wife even suggested he was being 'short' with a person he was trying to help.
Well-intentioned but poorly executed perhaps?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread