What is wrong with me or is it people ? Please RESPOND !

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No judgments here, just a casual observation.

In my second career, I taught high school Drafting and Engineering courses. I discovered that, regardless of how much I wanted my students to succeed, some of them simply chose not to . About four years into my teaching career, I realized that I was projecting my wishes for positive outcomes onto persons who simply didn't give a flying crap about learning what I was teaching or, in general, about any other "useless" high school subjects.

I'm by no means saying that all of my students were that way. In fact, the vast majority of them did well and many went on to college and received useful degrees in engineering, accounting, pharmacy sciences, and other programs. I am especially proud of the fact that I directed many young women into the fields of science and engineering.

The ones I couldn't reach trod the path they chose. Some have been successful and some have not. It was my job to ply my trade of imparting knowledge. It was their job to accept the offer and learn useful skills.

What I'm saying is just a restatement of the old adage, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink".

You didn't ask for advice but, if you had, I'd say to offer the information you have and let the rest go. If an animal is being abused, SPCA or the county animal control personnel can be notified. You do what you can and walk away.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I apologize. I thought you asked for any and all feedback. It now appears to me that you just wanted people to agree with you.

never apologize, it's a sign of weakness

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No your opinion is and was fine. I just realized i need to add a little more information. My parents taught me to NOT INTERUPT someone while there talking. So you can say when ever you want. I do not care for people that show no manners

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
never apologize, it's a sign of weakness

I assume you are joking, but an apology to someone you have wronged in some way is actually a sign of strength.

I like to say, "Don't be a chronic apologizer, it's a sign of weakness."

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No your opinion is and was fine. I just realized i need to add a little more information. My parents taught me to NOT INTERUPT someone while there talking. So you can say when ever you want. I do not care for people that show no manners

This is a combination of what I was taught and have learned over the years.

Be accountable. Your behavior is completely under your control.

Don't blame. If you don't point the finger and blame others for their actions, you realize that you have control over your own. If someone else is acting foolish or stupid, you don't need to join them.

Acknowledge when you are wrong. Refusal to accept blame can make a tense situation worse. The words "I screwed up." followed up with “How can I make it right?” displays your integrity earns the respect of others.

Keep a positive attitude. Once you realize that you are responsible your life and how you want it to be, it can change your focus from what is going wrong to what is going right. That shift in attitude can turn a bad day into a good one.

Acknowledge your strengths and your weaknesses Build on the strengths. Learn from the weaknesses.

Accept praise with grace and a “thank you.”

That's all for today's "Self Help With Doubter". Tune in next week when we discuss "Self Help for the Bleak".:laughing7:

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Doubter thanks for your reply. Now let me ask you what you would have done if the woman would not let you talk with out interrupting you every time you tried to explain? This is not a sarcastic reply either. I just wonder how others would have done ?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People have been interupting me for years, people have been rude to me too, ive offered to help and many times ive been stuck with the entire load, these things happen !! Its called life and we all deal with it. Ive also had people go out of there way to help me, had people pick me up when I fell, had many a shoulder to cry on. You sometimes have to look hard for the good in people, when you give up on people you lose a part of yourself. If your wife thinks your being short shes probably right !! Lighten up man, its much easier to pick out someones faults than search for there strong points. You might want to figure out what you need to be happy rather than spending so much time wondering whats wrong with everyone else. To put it in horse terms "you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink it" sounds like some of the horses your leading to water arnt really thirsty and your misreading them. Hope you feel better and your faith in humanity is restored at some point.

AurumHunter024

May 10, 2018
CO, 4 corners
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last couple of weeks has been something else. I sure have been getting upset with people. Read this post and please give me your opinion. A couple of weeks ago A gal posted a picture of two of her horses eating off of a round bale with the nylon netting still on it. I told her the wrapping should be removed to prevent horses for ingesting the nylon causing horses to Colic and even die. She replied (to save face) she never leaves wrappings on the bales when she feeds them. I have drove past there place many times and seen the wrappings still on the bales and horses eating them. She has lost a few horses to Colic.
I have horses and help quite a few people out with horse issues. Lady lost her horse a week and a half ago . She is about 50 miles from me . Asked me to come up with my horses and Drones and see if i could help locate her horse. I asked to to give better directions and please update often what has been discovered and any new sightings. She posts nothing and will not return my calls.
Last week I was at horse camp and just at the power pole before you enter the camp is a reward poster for a lost dog. Offering quite a bit of money. I called the guy and invited him to come to the camp and maybe i could help him with some ideas. Last Saturday we had a big cooking event with a lot of people. I told the guy to put a poster of the lost dog on our posted board because a lot of people come in bring there horses and ride a 40 mile trail system and someone might see the dog if they knew one was missing. He thought that was a good idea but never put one up. I called him Saturday and was about 1/21 mile from his place and NO OTHER homes around. I told him i see Dog tracks on the road and he should see if they are about the size of his dog. Said he would check them out a little later. Sunday morning I drove to the spot we had seen while riding our horses and noticed a small dead animal off the road something had been eating on it. Now i am thinking his dog that probably had pups was coming out of the brush and eating what it could of it. So i called the guy about 9:30 AM Sunday morning . I asked him if he checked that spot out he said not as yet. I asked him to come down now as i was there and had a couple ideas. He told me he could come down in a couple of hours as he ass watching TV !~!! I just hung up my cell phone and drove back to camp. me and my wife rode for like 4 hours looking for his dog On the trails looking for his dog.
Back at camp a lady asked me how we got back to camp the way we came in because she got lost. I have been riding the trails at this camp for almost 26 years. Every time i tried to say something she would just interrupt me. after about 10 minutes of trying to explain i just rode off . My wife said i was a little short with her.
I have helped other people find dogs, Horses and Cows. Gold jewelry and almost never taken a reward. I would not take a reward to find that guys dog either.

Am i the bad guy in these issues or are they ? Thanks for taking tiome to read this and please respond with your THOUGHTS even if there against me

You’ve exercised the power of kindness to folks that don’t really care about the situation they’re attempting to deal with in the real world. Those folks are running a scripted act in their lives & don’t know how to interact with others well. They have bad programming. People, in general, are becoming increasingly more robotized as time progresses & it’s becoming more apparent to those that are protecting their minds from such bad programming.

The issue is not necessarily you.

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a similar experience with a family member. Locked my keys in my car, no big deal, coat hanger and some finesse to pull up on the power lock switch, time consuming but this isn't a tough task at all. Family member intervenes with 1,000 other ways to get the car unlocked and would not shut up, even offers to put me up for the night so I can wait for a tow truck to pick up my car and take it to a dealership the next day...wtf?! I tell family member multiple times, I'll try this first, if this doesn't work I'll go with one of your suggestions, family member keeps hagging until I finally say (heated) I don't really need your help at this point.

Of course when the family member tells the story, "I was just trying to help and he went off on me". OK, sure but you were aggravating the (fill in blank) out of me over a very simple task and I didn't need help. Family member couldn't wrap said mind around my way of unlocking the car. In family members mind, the only way I was getting the car unlocked was said family member's way.

My point is, sometimes we can be overbearing in our attempts to help others. Offer once and feel good about it.

Wait a minute, I just read your post and I don't get it, your in Kentucky? HOW can your family member and MY WIFE be the same person?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The answer is pretty obvious to me. These aren't real people. No I don't mean lacking humanity, I mean they are clones or created by something. I see it all the time in the city.

Example 1: Me and my friends were coming home from lunch, and there was this guy in front of us. SO we decided to follow this person discreetly just to see where they were going. After an hour, this person was still driving around the same 8 blocks like an endless loop. We finally gave up. How can you explain that?

Example 2: Another friend and I went to the gym and we were working full time. It didn't matter when we went there( we went on weekends, at night, during the day during the week), the same people were always there. We even took a 6 month break and when we came back, the same people were there. Don't these people have other obligations?

Example 3: We have a lot of bizarres' around here so we have a "circuit" We hit so many in a single night. Again, remarkably, the same people were at the same bizzarres we were at. It didn't matter when we left or arrived. How is that possible?

It's almost like the people are digital stand-ins. People designed to "fill space" so the world doesn't seem void.

To get back to your issues, the people lack of concern to me means that these scenario's weren't real. The scenarios were just manufactured to give these people "character depth".

Maybe.
Well OK. Example #1, Perhaps they noticed someone following them, and picking a car at random and following them JUST to see where they go? that does not seem just a tiny bit odd to you? Example #2 Wonder if the other people were thinking, every time I go to the gym, these same two guys show up, what's going on with them. Example #3 People hitting "the circuit" these same two guys show up everywhere I go, what's with them, am I being followed? The "digital stands ins" Hmm....remember any of the old "Twilight Zone" episodes? Maybe, and just maybe , the digital stand in's are instead...… I mean any unexplained bar-code tattoo's anywhere on you that you've noticed? I'm only offering an alternate explanation is all.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I assume you are joking, but an apology to someone you have wronged in some way is actually a sign of strength.

I like to say, "Don't be a chronic apologizer, it's a sign of weakness."

always assume I am joking

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok Doubter thanks for your reply. Now let me ask you what you would have done if the woman would not let you talk with out interrupting you every time you tried to explain? This is not a sarcastic reply either. I just wonder how others would have done ?
I can’t really answer that. I have your perception of events but I wasn’t there and I didn’t experience it.

What I will say is that you can’t control others. In the cases you cited, you were trying to be nice. When people acted in ways you deemed inappropriate, you became aggravated with them. Aggravated enough to post your frustrations here. In other words, you let their actions define your response.

You can’t control others. Do good for the sake of doing good. Let that define you.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sheep.dog I try

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Well OK. Example #1, Perhaps they noticed someone following them, and picking a car at random and following them JUST to see where they go? that does not seem just a tiny bit odd to you? Example #2 Wonder if the other people were thinking, every time I go to the gym, these same two guys show up, what's going on with them. Example #3 People hitting "the circuit" these same two guys show up everywhere I go, what's with them, am I being followed? The "digital stands ins" Hmm....remember any of the old "Twilight Zone" episodes? Maybe, and just maybe , the digital stand in's are instead...… I mean any unexplained bar-code tattoo's anywhere on you that you've noticed? I'm only offering an alternate explanation is all.

Example 1: Nah, not odd at all. We were curious to see where this guy was going as he was in a powerful hurry. Maybe he needed assistance.

Example 2 and 3: Perhaps, but i'm talking about a dozen people who don't know each other. Two people that go to the gym or bazaar that know each other isn't unusual. A dozen strangers is.

The difference being my perception or perhaps we have the ability to defy the odds. There is something called the "simulation theory" you should look into.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Don’t be disappointed Gare. You tried to help and they didn’t respond well to your offers. Don’t let their problem be your problem. Stay positive and focus on what a great life you have. A wife who loves you and those wonderful horses.
All the best Bud!
Rusty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread