So, Pepsi or Coke and does it make a difference which one?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was sitting at Wal Mart waiting on my wife, Wally World is the big thing in a smallish town like ours. There is a beat up truck across from me with someone waiting as well in the driver's side. After a bit, a young man comes out with a bag that has obviously a 2 liter Coke in it. This guy looks, well, kind of like what you would expect a homeless person to maybe wear. His hair looks like it really needs to be washed as do his clothes but it is what it is and I am just watching people come and go.

He gets in the truck and I suddenly hear some loud cussing and the driver's door jerks open. The driver, I can only guess is his mother, gets out and man is she rough looking, worse than "Throw Momma from the Train " looking. She also looks like she can body slam me with no effort. Now she has a cane in her hand but she ain't needing it right now as she whips around the truck and jerks his door open. The man gets jerked out and she begins smacking him around hard and I can hear her saying something to the effect, "I told you Pepsi you xxxxxx idiot!" "Now take that back and get my Pepsi!" The young man takes off running with the Coke and goes inside. I now can hear the woman muttering angrily as she walks back around, using her cane of course and gets back in. A little bit later, I see him walking out with the Pepsi and she starts up the truck. The truck smokes badly of course and clatters something fierce as she backs up and takes off without looking. All I can think of is how glad I am that she wasn't my mother. Meanwhile visions of Danny Devito and Billy Crystal on the train keep popping up. I guess that she really liked Pepsi and hated Coke. I tend to lean to the Pepsi too but it isn't quite that important to me. So which do You prefer? Oh, Dr Pepper? DL

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pepsi for drinking straight, Coke when mixed with rum with a preferance for the Mexico bottled brand.

There is a differance !

Last edited:

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I was sitting at Wal Mart waiting on my wife, Wally World is the big thing in a smallish town like ours. There is a beat up truck across from me with someone waiting as well in the driver's side. After a bit, a young man comes out with a bag that has obviously a 2 liter Coke in it. This guy looks, well, kind of like what you would expect a homeless person to maybe wear. His hair looks like it really needs to be washed as do his clothes but it is what it is and I am just watching people come and go.

He gets in the truck and I suddenly hear some loud cussing and the driver's door jerks open. The driver, I can only guess is his mother, gets out and man is she rough looking, worse than "Throw Momma from the Train " looking. She also looks like she can body slam me with no effort. Now she has a cane in her hand but she ain't needing it right now as she whips around the truck and jerks his door open. The man gets jerked out and she begins smacking him around hard and I can hear her saying something to the effect, "I told you Pepsi you xxxxxx idiot!" "Now take that back and get my Pepsi!" The young man takes off running with the Coke and goes inside. I now can hear the woman muttering angrily as she walks back around, using her cane of course and gets back in. A little bit later, I see him walking out with the Pepsi and she starts up the truck. The truck smokes badly of course and clatters something fierce as she backs up and takes off without looking. All I can think of is how glad I am that she wasn't my mother. Meanwhile visions of Danny Devito and Billy Crystal on the train keep popping up. I guess that she really liked Pepsi and hated Coke. I tend to lean to the Pepsi too but it isn't quite that important to me. So which do You prefer? Oh, Dr Pepper? DL

I must of drank 13 or 14 Dr. Peppers. I gotta pee!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either one will do a job on your tooth enamel!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL dirtlooter, you can come up with some good ones! I prefer Pepsi like Molewacker and Coke if mixing with Jim Beam or Ron Matusalem Gran Reserva dark Rums.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The posts are better when no mixer is used.

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coke all the way. I just wonder how many people would chose Pepsi if coke was the original coke???
I don't really expect anyone to commit to answer the question for obvious reasons.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

when I was growing up people swore the small cokes in green glass bottles tasted better than the cokes in the tall green glass bottles. Small ones cost a dime and large bottles cost 15 cents. Later in life a college professor who consulted with Coke Cola told the class the formula was the same. Coke offered two sizes just because some wanted to buy more coke than in the smaller bottle. But I am telling you back in the day people in the south were firmly convinced the smaller bottle tasted better. Maybe they thought coke just watered down the big bottle. Now don't get me started on moon pies.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped soda over 20 years ago . but at the time I drank diet coke .

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
when I was growing up people swore the small cokes in green glass bottles tasted better than the cokes in the tall green glass bottles. Small ones cost a dime and large bottles cost 15 cents. Later in life a college professor who consulted with Coke Cola told the class the formula was the same. Coke offered two sizes just because some wanted to buy more coke than in the smaller bottle. But I am telling you back in the day people in the south were firmly convinced the smaller bottle tasted better. Maybe they thought coke just watered down the big bottle. Now don't get me started on moon pies.

You are correct on this. The coke in the large bottles were not watered down, however, they had more of the fine sugar settling on the bottom of the bottle(thats why it appears darker toward the bottom) forced down by the carbanation. The smaller bottles the settling was more evenly distributed(small size). Also, there is more carbonation in a larger bottle vs a smaller one, thus you get more Coke in a smaller bottle, and more carbonation in a larger one.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either one will do a job on your tooth enamel!
Ain't that the truth! Did facilities maintenance for a company that bottled for Coke. They took 500 gallons of de-ionized water added a half +/- pallet of sugar, added a gallon jug called a flavor unit and a (two? can't recall) quart sized bottle of what they called an acid unit that was nothing more than caffeine and acid. Mixed it up with lightning mixers (looked like outboard motor props on a long shaft) ran it to the bottling machine. Ok, got wrangled into delivering some cases to another plant. I was chucking the cases on the dock & one fell over. this guy walks by & points to the puddle sizzling & smoking on the concrete, Whoops! In just 5 or 10 minutes it etched down into the aggregate!!!! With that & memories of cleaning skeletons in biology classes in school, kinda killed my taste for coke.........

Coke works almost as good as citric acid for removing calcium from relics, cleans chrome, and will shine up copper coins. So, I quit drinking it! Guess that's why I've got some teeth left in my noggin!

Here's another little known tid bit for ya! Remember HiC the healthy drink? Check the label and you'll see any flavor with an apple component has ethylene glycol in it! Same exact as what's in your car antifreeze just minus the pretty green coloring. Matter of fact all the maintenance & warehouse guys ran it in their vehicles! :laughing7:

Have a COKE!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much. I just quit drinking Pepsi, coke, and dr. Pepper or anything with an apple component in it.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
i go with Pepsi. heres my endorsement. its starting to get a little tattered. but it tatters on 1121181608-00.jpg

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I vote BEER!!! Cant drink soda anymore. I have been off it so long it is wretchedly sweet. When I did, it was Coke.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on

shewwww ! i bet he wont make that mistake again ? momma gets what momma wants huh ? she had her taste buds set on that pepsi. who can relate. good thing they did'nt get all the way home and find out. holy moly.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back a long time ago when the REAL coke was sold in small glass bottles, I preferred coke and virtually never drank Pepsi. Nowadays neither is really any good, maybe because the formula is different or maybe because the plastic bottles affect the taste. Now that I'm retired I get a monthly pension from PepsiCo so I hope you folks will keep on drinking Pepsi:icon_biggrin:

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MT Dew if I need to have a soft drink which is maybe once a year. Mostly drink water, beer and green tea

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I never cared either way but it gave me a kidney stone when I was 30. Doctor said it was probably all the sodas I drank. I've only had a handful of Mexican cokes in the last 20 years or so and no more kidney stones.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Actually I wrote this for the story of what happened but was struck by the woman's actions. She moved very easily and quickly without that cane but then afterwards slowed down and used it every step. She appeared to be a very intimidating and domineering woman and I felt sorry for the boy. If you pay attention, you can see a lot of stuff happening around you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread