So, Pepsi or Coke and does it make a difference which one?

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually I wrote this for the story of what happened but was struck by the woman's actions. She moved very easily and quickly without that cane but then afterwards slowed down and used it every step. She appeared to be a very intimidating and domineering woman and I felt sorry for the boy. If you pay attention, you can see a lot of stuff happening around you.

And it's not all good !

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was sitting at Wal Mart waiting on my wife, Wally World is the big thing in a smallish town like ours. There is a beat up truck across from me with someone waiting as well in the driver's side. After a bit, a young man comes out with a bag that has obviously a 2 liter Coke in it. This guy looks, well, kind of like what you would expect a homeless person to maybe wear. His hair looks like it really needs to be washed as do his clothes but it is what it is and I am just watching people come and go.

He gets in the truck and I suddenly hear some loud cussing and the driver's door jerks open. The driver, I can only guess is his mother, gets out and man is she rough looking, worse than "Throw Momma from the Train " looking. She also looks like she can body slam me with no effort. Now she has a cane in her hand but she ain't needing it right now as she whips around the truck and jerks his door open. The man gets jerked out and she begins smacking him around hard and I can hear her saying something to the effect, "I told you Pepsi you xxxxxx idiot!" "Now take that back and get my Pepsi!" The young man takes off running with the Coke and goes inside. I now can hear the woman muttering angrily as she walks back around, using her cane of course and gets back in. A little bit later, I see him walking out with the Pepsi and she starts up the truck. The truck smokes badly of course and clatters something fierce as she backs up and takes off without looking. All I can think of is how glad I am that she wasn't my mother. Meanwhile visions of Danny Devito and Billy Crystal on the train keep popping up. I guess that she really liked Pepsi and hated Coke. I tend to lean to the Pepsi too but it isn't quite that important to me. So which do You prefer? Oh, Dr Pepper? DL

That wasn't his mother. It was his girlfriend!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put a penny in a glass of coke evernight and one in pepsi see what happens My motto the worse it is for ya the better it tastes as my Daughter forces down toefurkey I think they call it that cause it tastes like what you would think an old stinky toe would taste like mixed with a plastic turkey while I eat a double cheeseburger bleeding greese cheese. and a scoop of chili and a coke to wash it down . Ill shave a few years off my life and enjoy what I eat then eat cardboard or all these supposed healthy foods Blah.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was a kid my mom only bought Pepsi because she said Coke as "stronger". After I left home, I only drank Coke...because it was "stronger". Lately, I have switched to diet A&W root beer. Mix in a shot of Fireball cinnamon whiskey and you really have something. My invention. I call it "Fire Root". Try it! Gary

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story...thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I drink a soda one time a year; but it is always Tab.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Time for a little coca cola trivia.Who is the biggest importer of coca leaves in the U.S.Thats right folks,the coca cola company.And you thought coca leaves weren't in coke anymore,guess again.

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a couple of people who drink 8-10 12 oz. cans of Pepsi every day. After reading your experience I have to wonder how those two individuals would react in a similar situation. I'd like to think they'd be better about it, but I really don't know (they are very partial to Pepsi).

I worked for a Pepsi distributor back when the Pepsi challenge was first initiated. The blind challenge (taste tests) were conducted in-house prior to going public with them - roughly 1/2 of the Pepsi employees preferred Coke (in the test). Among those who preferred Coke (in the blind test) was the plant manager; he had been with Pepsi for 40 some years and hated Coke with a passion. I thought he was going to have a heart attack when they revealed his choice of Coke.

Those challenge tests did wonders for Pepsi though: most people (public) preferred Pepsi and the sales increased quite a lot because of the challenge. Enough so that Coke scrapped their original recipe and came out with New Coke. Their sales tanked, and shortly afterwards Coke came out with Original Coke. What was billed as a really foolish decision (scrapping the original Coke) might have been one of the all-time genius marketing ploys; Coke's sales came storming back as soon as they re-introduced Original Coke to the market. New Coke stayed around for a bit, but it didn't last too long (it just did not sell).

Pepsi had grown to the point of out selling Coke (package sales - bottles, cans, etc..) outside of fountain syrup (where Coke dominated) - but the re-introduction of Original Coke erased that market share deficit almost immediately. To this day I'm still halfway convinced that Coke knew exactly what they were doing and executed their plan perfectly.

I think both Coke and Pepsi were better tasting drinks than they are now (or have been for decades now). Back then both were made with cane sugar and both had lots of small local bottlers. Now they use corn syrup and have no small local bottlers. I haven't consumed soft drinks for years now, but I preferred Pepsi when I was young - unless it was glass bottles. For some reason Coke in a glass bottle (the old Coke anyway) was fantastic. The old Dr. Pepper (glass bottle) was a fantastic drink too.

Nowadays it's unsweetened Iced Tea or coffee (also unsweetened) for me. Oh, and the occasional beer or bourbon.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
went from regular cokes, to diet dr. peppers, diet fantas, diet caffine free cokes. Based the content labels all these contain is man made chemicals. Cannot be too good for us.

any suggestions where to go from here? Not sure I can just drink water. Of course I know that is the best thing for me. Some people say these artificial sweetners are worse than sugar for us.

barkas.60

Feb 18, 2013
RUSSIA Ekaterinburg
Detector(s) used
AKA Signum SFT 7272
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I apply Pepsi and Coke, only to washing of a blockage in the sewerage.

Dear, protect the pancreas, from oncology...

Last edited:

barkas.60

Feb 18, 2013
RUSSIA Ekaterinburg
Detector(s) used
AKA Signum SFT 7272
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bread drink :occasion14:

Traditional Eastern European beverage made from fermented bread, which has a very low alcohol content.

The invention relates to bioengineering and the foods industry and relates to consortia of microorganisms and strains of bacteria and yeasts, and is directed to methods of producing a fermented base in the form of a semifinished product of bread kvass, fermentation kvass and alcohol-free kvass in a single process cycle with the aid of consortia and strains of bacteria and yeasts as well as to methods of producing a liquid kombucha culture, kombucha concentrates and kombucha drinks and vegetable extracts in a single process cycle.

barkas.60

Feb 18, 2013
RUSSIA Ekaterinburg
Detector(s) used
AKA Signum SFT 7272
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Okroshka recipe

There is nothing better than Russian okroshka on a hot summer day. This dish refreshes excellently and makes you feel good. This is quite easy to prepare but the result will please your family. Traditionally okroshka has been cooked with kvass.

Required Products:

potatoes – 0.5 kilogramms;
boiled meat or sausage – 300 grammes;
chicken eggs – 5 pieces;
radish – 200 grammes;
fresh cucumber – 200 grammes;
spring onions – 1 bunch;
bread kvass – 1.5 litres;
sour cream;
salt.

How to prepare a recipe:

Wash potatoes thoroughly with a brush and boil them being unpeeled. Cool and cut into small cubes.
Boil the eggs hard, peel them and cut in the same way as the potatoes.
Wash cucumber and radish in running water, slice them into thin semi-rings.
Boil the meat and then cut it. If you use a boiled sausage – this ingredient can be added at once.
Now mix all the ingredients in a pan, add some salt, spring onions cut very small and pour the bread kvass into the mix. Instead of kvass, some mistresses use mineral water or kefir – try several ways of pouring and choose the one you like best.
Finished dish should be placed for 1-2 hours in a fridge. Okroshka is usually served in portions. In a plate you can add some sour cream and greens to one's taste.
Bon appetit!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny story in that Walmart parking lot. I bet you could see many entertaining displays of human behavior if you had the time to waste in a walmart parking lot. From what I have seen at boat ramps, that is also a great place to witness craziness.

No sodas for me - just beer and coffee. OK, occasionally wine and tequila...

nwpa

Jul 6, 2017
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
T2 classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I favored RC cola and dew back in the day but don't drink the stuff much anymore.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll throw out this tid bit. Remember when they came out with JOLT COLA? They were touting it as a super cola with twice the sugar twice the caffeine. Well, to be honest Jolt was not new & improved or anything. All they did was use the formula from Pepsi that was in use in the 70s. In other words they went back to an older formula. If you think a little, less sugar less coloring etc. Makes them sound like they care about us. Naw, just marketing! It's a plus plus for them, they are using less ingredients which increases profits & we all suck down watered down product. Oh! not real positive on this but Pepsi sued Jolt for violation of their formula patent. Jolt changed their formula by adding a resin (emulsifier or something) just enough to claim a different formula. That's what a lot of the ingredients in our food is, not to improve the product, but to make a product different enough to not violate someone's patent on a formula.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like good strong tasting ginger beer. Not ginger ale, ginger beer. One can get naturally brewed stuff without a lot of junk in it. Still a lot of sugar, can't drink a lot of them. That and home brewed root beer with no preservatives added. I am lucky enough to live a hundred miles from a PA Amish market where they sell it and a couple times a year drive down there for home smoked bacon, double smoked pork loin, root beer, and pastries. Going next week in fact. YUM!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I like good strong tasting ginger beer. Not ginger ale, ginger beer. One can get naturally brewed stuff without a lot of junk in it. Still a lot of sugar, can't drink a lot of them. That and home brewed root beer with no preservatives added. I am lucky enough to live a hundred miles from a PA Amish market where they sell it and a couple times a year drive down there for home smoked bacon, double smoked pork loin, root beer, and pastries. Going next week in fact. YUM!
When I was a kid I used to harvest and ross the root bark. I made tea. I like root beer and have always wanted to make it myself, but I see that the FDA has since banned sassafras root as a toxic ingredient (safrole).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread