Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree69Likes
  • 20 Post By Limitool
  • 4 Post By releventchair
  • 4 Post By Kray Gelder
  • 4 Post By RGINN
  • 6 Post By Ogre1190
  • 4 Post By Professor of Engineering
  • 4 Post By Duckshot
  • 3 Post By creskol
  • 4 Post By SD51
  • 5 Post By Limitool
  • 4 Post By huntsman53
  • 2 Post By DeepseekerADS
  • 3 Post By Limitool
  • 2 Post By DeepseekerADS

Thread: 2018 Donated Toy Boxes (29)

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    White XLT Spectrum E-Series
    6269 times
    Metal Detecting

2018 Donated Toy Boxes (29)

Hello folks.. I just thought I'd share most of the toy boxes I'm donating this Christmas to needy children and families. This will be my 3rd year doing it. And it brings the total to 75 now donated spanning the 3 years. This year the Franklin TN. Police Department wanted to do 10 toy boxes. The Franklin TN. Rotary Club wants to do 5. And my community of Centerville wanted 12. In my community the "Sam Davis Lodge - Knights of Pythias" is the organizer of this toy drive. This year the Franklin PD is doing a toy drive and a food drive together as is the area Rotary. I donated 1 to an area Church and 1 to a private business also.

As I've done the last 2 years each toy box dears a name plate in memory of my late daughter Kristi and her son Carter (my grandson) upon them for what they did. I truly am blessed that all these folks stepped up to organize toy drives big enough to overfill each toy box. Each civic group picks families in need with at least one child + and fills according to ages and sexes. It's really something to see that many toy boxes overflowing. Each area PD takes the filled toy boxes to its assigned address. While I've been invited to go on some deliveries I never have. I guess just knowing some child or children are getting a new toy box and a Christmas is enough for me.

I have done about a half dozen TV spots and some newspaper stories and it seems like the folks who actually organize these drives never get enough credit or attention. I don't know how to fix that. So folks if anyone is sponsoring a toy drive in your area please give a little something to it... please. Thanks... Brad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0950.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	1657240   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0951.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	364.5 KB 
ID:	1657241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0952.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	418.7 KB 
ID:	1657242  
    I am a true blue Patriot who believes in the original Constitution's meaning. I'll bleed blood to defend it and resist those who want to diminish or alter its meaning or those rights stated within the Constitution.

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    17285 times
    How can a heart be both heavy and light at the same time?

Bless you Brad.

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    4864 times
    Metal Detecting
    That's pretty special. A job well done!

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    6640 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Glad to see you're still at that. Just great.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

us
    Been there...Dug that

Mar 2015
    Northern Illinois
    MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS, White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
    2373 times
    Metal Detecting
    Who says Santa's not real? 🎅 🙌
    "There's GOLD in them thar hills! Well...at least a coupla nice Mercs."

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    23156 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Beautiful work...May God Bless you Brad!

Charter Member

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 36°60'
    4557 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogre1190 View Post
    Who says Santa's not real? �� ��
    Santa? Oh, he works out of his garage right smack dab in the middle of Tennessee.
    Liberty is the Freedom to do the next Right thing.

In God We Trust

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2007
    8064 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    That is fantastic! You are a good man, Brad! Thank you for doing that!
    “It is best as one grows older to strip oneself of possessions, to shed oneself downward like a tree, to be almost wholly earth before one dies.”

Aug 2016
    MI
    E-TRAC
    2903 times
    Brad, you're a hero and an inspiration to us all!

us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    6269 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by releventchair View Post
    How can a heart be both heavy and light at the same time?

Bless you Brad.
    Believe me my friend I've thought a lot about this since you posted the comment above: While I struggle at times (little girl syndrome) to produce the donated toy boxes which will/did bear their names with a heavy heart... it does help me knowing what others are doing with the toy boxes for those in need. If this is what you mean I'll probably have to produce a few hundred more toy boxes to donate before the scales are closer to even if that's possible. And if you meant me thanking all those somehow who organize and fill my toy boxes I'll probably never figure that out... properly..

I'm going to the Franklin Rotary tomorrow morning for an invited breakfast and too see all 5 of "their" toy boxes filled and ready to go out. Then I'm stopping by the Franklin PD. to see the 10 toy boxes there. I received some pics today from the Chief of PD Deb Faulkner of all of them overfilled and ready to go out also. If I get some pics I'll post some tomorrow possibly... Brad
    I am a true blue Patriot who believes in the original Constitution's meaning. I'll bleed blood to defend it and resist those who want to diminish or alter its meaning or those rights stated within the Constitution.

us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6375 times
    I don't know how I missed seeing this Thread before and for that I am sorry! Thanks Brad for all you do for the needy children and thanks Bonnie (Brad's wife) for allowing or at least tolerating Brad disappearing out to the workshop every single day to build the Toy Boxes!

Some of you have met Brad and possibly Bonnie and know what I mean and for those that have not, you could never ever meet any nicer more gracious hosts and giving folks than Brad and Bonnie. I have spent a lot of time at their' home, sometimes helping Brad build Toy Boxes, sometimes metal detecting (mostly for horseshoes, LOL!!), sometimes shooting .22 Caliber Rifles, eating great food that they cook but most often, just hanging around visiting the greatest folks and best friends that I have ever had or known in my' 65 years (almost 66) on this Earth and not once, would they ever let me repay them for my stay or food. It is my belief that Our Lord and Savior has reserved a special place for them, their' family and especially Kristi and Carter at his side!

Frank
    Last edited by huntsman53; Jan 10, 2019 at 10:37 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    17008 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    Brad, I really appreciate having met you and Dean in Michigan some years ago now. I stand with you, and YOU are a better man than I.
    huntsman53 and Limitool like this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    6269 times
    Metal Detecting
    Frank and Roger above....

Thank you for the kind words both.

Roger.... I too am proud to have met you and Dean upon our meeting in MI. But, I am no better of a man than you sir. If we all knew of the kind things you've done throughout life I'm sure we'd all be amazed. I just happened to share some of mine here. Many don't... and so be it. But it lessens your accomplishments not nor makes me a better man than you sir. Thank you Roger.

Frank... Damn guy, ya made me cry. You have been a great friend. Your welcome here anytime and I KNOW you know this... enough said. Thanks you Frank... Brad

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    17008 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Limitool View Post
    Frank and Roger above....

Thank you for the kind words both.

Roger.... I too am proud to have met you and Dean upon our meeting in MI. But, I am no better of a man than you sir. If we all knew of the kind things you've done throughout life I'm sure we'd all be amazed. I just happened to share some of mine here. Many don't... and so be it. But it lessens your accomplishments not nor makes me a better man than you sir. Thank you Roger.

Frank... Damn guy, ya made me cry. You have been a great friend. Your welcome here anytime and I KNOW you know this... enough said. Thanks you Frank... Brad
    Brad. your post made me cry too.

We had no reasons to try other than loss of loved ones. Several years on, it's still right here with each of us. I met you before that happened I think. I still remember it, one of the saddest days I've experienced on TNet.

Father please bless our friend named here as Limitool, he is brother to each of us. An example of the real deal among us.
    huntsman53 and releventchair like this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    17008 times
    I don't want to re-live this for Brad. But we each here have to give him our serious feelings of concern. For those of you who don't know, Brad lost his family on an icey road about 5 years ago. I don't know that I could deal with that. Brad, we love you man!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links