Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out to check a quarry site to see if I could get lucky and find something good, after finding wire, a shot shell, and a big rusty iron ring I figured I’d l grab this rock I had seen with a hole drilled in it from quarrying toss it in my pocket and head home, turns out my memory wasn’t great because the rock def wasn’t pocket sized, more like 40lbs, then I noticed there was a bonus surprise in my rock ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1552443528.908541.jpg
I scooped it up and fumbled my way back to the car carrying this obnoxiously shaped rock a sharp shooter and my detector.
As I was driving up the road something caught my eye and I had to stop and back up
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1552443709.412169.jpg
It had been raining and He looked cold and was shivering looked like he had made a bed and was planning on staying there, I figured he was one of the neighbors dog that was roaming so I left, but I kept thinking what if he was lost and somebody was looking for him so I got home grabbed some dog food and went back I poured the food out and he inhaled it.
CAREFULLY... I went to see if he’d let me check his collar and I found his name, rocket, and a number I called and the owner came out to get him so I met her at the gate to lead her to rocket... who she said had ate breakfast this morning... and we found him like this
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1552444255.097512.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1552444300.304741.jpg
... I think rocket played me for a meal and got a free ride home

I went out for quarry items and found a fossil and a dog

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story!:hello2:

seafox

Dec 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
even if the dog tricked you you did good and right. cheers for you!

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a kind and caring act.
Thank you for looking after one of Mother Nature's creatures.
That looks like a goldie.
I was lucky enough to be owned by one, the smartest, happiest, friendliest dog to ever own me.
it doesn't surprise me you got played, they're good at it.
Bless you.
Deep1

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
that is a very good fossil and you made someone's day. awesome

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Woof, good boy, no biscuit, sit

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting