Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Lost Gold of WWII

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    XLV

Jul 2016
    231 times
    Oh am sorry i guess if they don't find anything in this t.v show ....there be no more viewers willing to waste there time watching ...I gave up all ready ....and the hundreds of other dreamers with sites have no hope for t.v money ...this show is bad for tourism
    Tom_in_CA and Real of Tayopa like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    869 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Rustoleum Welcome to the forum . I am from Ohio and i have not idea who you would contact . Perhaps the history channel on FB ?
    Only TWO things in the world that spook my horses THINGS THAT MOVE and THINGS THAT DON'T MOVE !!!

Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2 Nokta pinpointer
    1219 times
    Thats something thats missing these days with the internet.....romance. It used to be romantic to entertain thoughts of pirates or lost treasure or lost wartime gold. Now its just all hard facts and strong opinions and 'show me the proof'. Just sayin...

chub

ge
    Gold Miner and Treasure Hunter

Mar 2017
    South America
    Minelab Fisher Jeohunter
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    Welcome to tnet contact the network .We are all chasing treasure it is there but no one knows where.........
    Wrong , it's a investment problem
    Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno.

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    8477 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cylbill View Post
    there is no treasure lost anywhere on this earth ALL treasure stories are a lie and nobody really finds one silver coin because nobody EVER lost anything don't waste your time and dowsing doesn't work and nobody EVER found water dowsing for it either . I can't understand why this website exists.........and wars never made anybody hide wealth...
    sssshhh!
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    8477 times
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman53 View Post
    While some treasure stories are just legends or myths, some have some truth about them. Case in point, two old spinster ladies who were sisters, lived in an old house at the lower end of Emmerts Cove in Sevier County, Tennessee in the middle or late 1800's to around 1910 to 1920's (not sure the exact time periods). It was rumored that they hid Gold coins inside the house and even outside in the fields and elsewhere. When the 1930 big flood hit that area, water from the Greenbrier River (Middle Prong of the Pigeon River) got well up into the fields and flowed under the house. When the flood waters receded, the current resident at the time, emerged from the home to inspect the damage. He saw a glint of Gold in the dirt and rock driveway on the downstream side of the house. Upon closer inspection, he found that it was a $20 Gold piece and he followed a trail of Gold coins under the porch and house to a somewhat bowl shaped impression under the house which was filled with Gold coins. Later in the 1970's when the house was going to be torn down, two treasure hunters asked permission from the owner to search the house for treasure. He gave them permission but only if he got 60% of the finds or 60% of the money when the finds were sold. The two treasure hunters entered the home and one made a beeline to the closet under the stairs to the second floor. With his little hammer, he banged on the enclosure of each step and one gave him a dull bong sound. He pried off the enclosure of the step and found a half gallon fruit jar laying on it's side that was full of $20 Gold coins. As far as I know, that was all they found in the house but I have heard of more Gold coins being buried under flat rocks in the fields fairly close to the home.
    When I hear of such stories I wonder where the people were getting all these gold coins to squirrel away.
    chub, Wrightdigger and gunsil like this.
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

us
    Jun 2013
    East Tennessee
    6375 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly Prince View Post
    When I hear of such stories I wonder where the people were getting all these gold coins to squirrel away.
    I think the two old gals were actually Bootleggers but can't prove it. Maybe the Sheriff's Office has records that go back that far. It is quite possible that Bootleggers lived in the home in the 1950's. A 1955 Chevrolet Sheriff's Deputy's car disappeared somewhere in that area along with the Sheriff's Deputy around 1955 or 1956 and neither were ever found per se. However, my friend whose family lived in the old home in the 1960's and we also used it when tending Tobacco crops, got me to borrow a metal detector and metal detect the place in 1974 while I was on leave from the U.S. Army and which was long after the old home had been torn down. We found an old covered over well that was under where the side porch was and that we never knew was there before. While digging the signals from the old well, we actually dug out a chrome bumper and fender to a 1955 Chevrolet and when we dug out the door with Sevier County Sheriff on the side, we got spooked and threw everything back in and covered the well back over. Believe it or not, we never went back and never told anyone until recently but we did not give the location. Maybe I will go back there someday with permission and Law Enforcement.

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    8477 times
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman53 View Post
    I think the two old gals were actually Bootleggers but can't prove it. Maybe the Sheriff's Office has records that go back that far. It is quite possible that Bootleggers lived in the home in the 1950's. A 1955 Chevrolet Sheriff's Deputy's car disappeared somewhere in that area along with the Sheriff's Deputy around 1955 or 1956 and neither were ever found per se. However, my friend whose family lived in the old home in the 1960's and we also used it when tending Tobacco crops, got me to borrow a metal detector and metal detect the place in 1974 while I was on leave from the U.S. Army and which was long after the old home had been torn down. We found an old covered over well that was under where the side porch was and that we never knew was there before. While digging the signals from the old well, we actually dug out a chrome bumper and fender to a 1955 Chevrolet and when we dug out the door with Sevier County Sheriff on the side, we got spooked and threw everything back in and covered the well back over. Believe it or not, we never went back and never told anyone until recently but we did not give the location. Maybe I will go back there someday with permission and Law Enforcement.
    That is a great story. I suppose, if the deputy is down there, his kin would like to know.
    There had to be more people in on that business.

Jun 2013
    Hudson Valley, NY
    White's M6 AT Pro Garrett GTA350 White's F2
    268 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by rustoleum View Post
    Hi, I'm new to treasurenet and look forward to reading more on this forum. I have a question if someone can point me to a link or contact information on how to contact the people that were on the Lost Gold of WWII that was recently on the history channel. I need to contact the two main treasure hunters John Casey and Peter Struzzieri who were the treasure hunters. I need to contact them about another Japanese burial site that they may know of or not know of.
    Rust: welcome!
    Try here : https://www.ampleent.com/

This company produces the show. The actual Executive Producers are Mike Stiller and Mary E. Donahue. They are responsible for putting together the hunting crew for the show.
    They may be of interest in what you have, or could d the info.
    Their website has some contact info to get you started. It actually says, ""have your people call our people" with awesome
    ideas!"
    Good luck, and keep us posted if it works out!
    “As I slowly grow wise I briskly grow cautious.”
    ― Mark Twain

au
    Sep 2004
    Eaglehawk
    GPX
    1051 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Hi ,Kind of funny that none of these productions ever mention the great post war salvage industry in the Pacific TP

May 2019
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tinpan View Post
    Hi ,Kind of funny that none of these productions ever mention the great post war salvage industry in the Pacific TP
    I completely agree that this is strange

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links