Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Started at age 11 back in ‘73. Jetco Mustang for Christmas. Big, big waste of time, but that’s all I had, time.

Forward to ‘76 and I was 14 with an expensive Coinmaster II. Big waste of time because the machine was too much. Manual to set it up was an inch thick. My best finds were eyeballed!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I started in 1968 .. nobody called me anything..most had njo clue what I was even doing.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the things people most asked me was "You ever find anything with that GEIGER COUNTER+ Anyone else remember being asked this ?

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a kid, my eyes were always down. People thought I was just shy. I was looking for things. For some reason, one day I was on a swing in the back yard of my house and I had a bread bag of pennies...???... I tossed them up on top of our house. Bag broke and pennies rolled all over the place. Skip forward a few years(1969-70). I had bought a Bounty Hunter BFO and for sh!ts and grins I took it to my old home place to look for some of those pennies. I did find a bunch. One of them was a 1909 VDB...no S but VDB just the same! I've been hooked ever since! I still have that machine. Don't remember anybody giving me the razz for metal detecting, but you should have seen my digging tool!:laughing7:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the things people most asked me was "You ever find anything with that GEIGER COUNTER+ Anyone else remember being asked this ?
I was asked this question by a few "old timers", one being my Father in Law. He was a highly decorated Marine who fought in the Pacific during WW11. The older people seem to refer to it as a Geiger Counter rather than a metal detector. My Father in Law would be 98 years old, if he was still with us today, and honestly, I didn't mind what he called my detector. I knew what he meant, and that's all that mattered.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It did not bother me that they called it a geiger counter . I was just smiling and remembering

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread