Other

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I started in 1968 .. nobody called me anything..most had njo clue what I was even doing.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the things people most asked me was "You ever find anything with that GEIGER COUNTER+ Anyone else remember being asked this ?

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a kid, my eyes were always down. People thought I was just shy. I was looking for things. For some reason, one day I was on a swing in the back yard of my house and I had a bread bag of pennies...???... I tossed them up on top of our house. Bag broke and pennies rolled all over the place. Skip forward a few years(1969-70). I had bought a Bounty Hunter BFO and for sh!ts and grins I took it to my old home place to look for some of those pennies. I did find a bunch. One of them was a 1909 VDB...no S but VDB just the same! I've been hooked ever since! I still have that machine. Don't remember anybody giving me the razz for metal detecting, but you should have seen my digging tool!:laughing7:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the things people most asked me was "You ever find anything with that GEIGER COUNTER+ Anyone else remember being asked this ?
I was asked this question by a few "old timers", one being my Father in Law. He was a highly decorated Marine who fought in the Pacific during WW11. The older people seem to refer to it as a Geiger Counter rather than a metal detector. My Father in Law would be 98 years old, if he was still with us today, and honestly, I didn't mind what he called my detector. I knew what he meant, and that's all that mattered.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It did not bother me that they called it a geiger counter . I was just smiling and remembering

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread