People always ask, why can’t I find stuff, where do I look

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most popular questions ask, I wish I had X-ray vision folks. I will say this being I see many detectors for sale on eBay etc because of not having patience and wanting fast results, don’t go buying expensive machines at first unless you have the money and just as important the time to learn it. What’s the point really. I’ve said it so many times you will find more junk, scrap, iron, aluminum, trash in totality than anything you would consider coins and relics, folks the ground has been trashed over the last centuries. I post topics to help I want people to enjoy this hobby of a lifetime. Excuse you don’t have time well that’s your own fault, it’s because you don’t make time, rich or poor, nothing more important than peace of mind and this hobby can offer you the entire spectrum if you put down the dam phone and fake tv. Many times myself and friend find endless pull tabs, iron and rusty isn’t necessarily a bad thing it can be relics of the past, it’s been in ground for years. I’m not a expert but the most popular question what do you find and where to go. I leave it up to you, when you find something let us no it can help the new and old and even doubters who rather stay in house and complain and waste there life watching tv making them rich, enrich yourself with the outdoors, smell the air, just think folks lived off the land and evidence is still there but eroding away.

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detectors help us to find lost/buried items, but patience, persistence, and perseverance are all critical keys to success. You have to know your machine inside and out, and learning to do good research will really add to your locations to search, and your finds.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
When I got back into the hobby 10 years ago, some folks told me there was nothing left to find. Soon, I found out that the quality of detector was more important than the site. Once I found the right machine, I really cleaned up in my second year, 70+ silvers and dozens of old coins on top of that, all from local parks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions