Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The weather was perfect I was confident I was ready to hunt another cannonball if I had to I was glowing it’s just an hour ride I’ve done it way many times no problem I get all Ready no shovel!!! And this is red brick white shells and oyster shells in order to get past to the Black remodel love. I just jumped back in my truck and came home. But I’ll be back tomorrow

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We all have those bad days, that cannon ball will be your tomorrow! :icon_thumleft:

Something like that happened to me on Sunday. I get to the site and look for my pouch / two Pin Pointers. Forgot them at home....Then I remembered, I had a New Garrett Carrot in the trunk, still in the box. I won the Garrett Searcher Find of the month a few years back and put it my trunk; found it and was off hunting with an old Minelab finds bag and carrot. Sunday was a great day, finding a 1917 type 1 SLQ in Fine condition. You never know! :dontknow:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We all have those bad days, that cannon ball will be your tomorrow! :icon_thumleft:

Something like that happened to me on Sunday. I get to the site and look for my pouch / two Pin Pointers. Forgot them at home....Then I remembered, I had a New Garrett Carrot in the trunk, still in the box. I won the Garrett Searcher Find of the month a few years back and put it my trunk; found it and was off hunting with an old Minelab finds bag and carrot. Sunday was a great day, finding a 1917 type 1 SLQ in Fine condition. You never know! :dontknow:

Man I’m telling you I had all the gear Landale and there was no shovel and I took it out of the back of my truck since it was raining just one of those days huh buddy. Hopefully I’ll have something real good to show.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey truth maybe go to Wal-Mart where I got this one or an Orchlins or Rural King in your area if you have them and buy one of these shortys for a spare behind the seat of your detecting truck as I do. Mine is light with a fiberglass Handel but I've seen the same with wooden handles. Pinpointer in its holster for size comparison.

Don 20200422_082437.jpg

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Truth, we have all had a similar situation. I went detecting with my friend, and all along the 1/2 mile walk thru the woods, I felt a little lighter, like something was missing. We start detecting, I get a hit and went to dig it, only to realize it was my shovel I had left in my truck ! Boy did I get my exercise on that day. A short Half Hour later, I was digging again !

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dead batteries in the detector, no pinpointer, no digger and once when the entire sole of both shoes broke apart and fell off as soon as I started detecting. We have all had one of those days.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes we have, I charged the battery on my Excalibur the night before, get up early and make the 2 hr drive up to the family cabin up in the mountains. I stop by one of my swimming holes on the way and bam! Battery dead, it didn’t charge and I realize I forgot the charger at home. So... the following week I order the alkaline battery pack for my Excalibur so that will never happen again, you can find double AA batteries anywhere. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread