What's shaking in South Florida? It wasn't an earthquake.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Hahaa duck, that’s a good one.
It wasn’t and earth quake? Did the carnival of all carnivals boat hit the dock? Bermuda Triangle stuff? Just when they say UFOs are real, now there gonna hide earthquakes? What gives?

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember sonic booms as a kid, but they didn't last 15 seconds...

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably you know who,doing you know what

whistler84

Jun 9, 2015
BEAN FIELD ,IL
Detector(s) used
Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may be possible that there was some sort of laminted separation or collapse? I'm no geologist, but the only thing I can liken that shaking to in the video was alot like when I used to do underground Longwall mining. That alone is a pretty cool thing to learn about. But as the longwall advances, the strata that is on top of the coal seam will collapse in behind you as you eat your way forward. Say you were a quarter mile or so along on your panel and you break down or stop. You can feel through the ground everything falling in behind you from a long ways back. Far enough you cannot hear it but feel it. A shaking of sorts? Just my thoughts

It could be possible that there was some sort of laminate collapse underground.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida is very poor in minerals as most of the ground has no metamorphic or igneous rocks, its all sedimentary so they wouldn't be mining for much of anything.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was coming home by sea from the dry tortugas and we thought that jets were breaking the sound barrier over the marqueasas bombing range....so I heard this at sea also !! Then we thought meteor strike or explosion....the skys were overcast and hazy so we couldn't see anything.

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem is we can find out if we wanted to. But in my life I’ve discovered that everyone looks the other way and so dummies we are, we r proving everyday how dumb we are letting things go on around and never investigate it. American is trending badly, we assume the USA is fine, oh the people are it’s the fake and phoney government that’s the evil. Like China I’m sure they have decent people it’s the controlling communist government, two different things. It’s like let world governments play games and use the citizens for ponds, oh gee they wouldn’t do that, oh really

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They said no seismic activity recorded. If true it had to be above ground. I agree with 49er12, I don't hardly believe anything.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hahaa duck, that’s a good one.
It wasn’t and earth quake? Did the carnival of all carnivals boat hit the dock? Bermuda Triangle stuff? Just when they say UFOs are real, now there gonna hide earthquakes? What gives?

Lotta theories...., mine is that the subsurface of the area are settling/collapsing, due to early cave development - hey sinkholes are an example there, too...!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lotta theories...., mine is that the subsurface of the area are settling/collapsing, due to early cave development - hey sinkholes are an example there, too...!

Yeah I like that idea...AND...10 thousand people moving there a week.And hundreds of billions tons of steel/cement/blacktop that REPLACED (what once was jungle):occasion14:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Born and raised in Fla, any collapse of a sink hole big enough to shake 3 counties would have registered on seismic counters. There was a strong 5.9 magnitude earthquake in Guatemala's capital about an hour before Florida was shaking and most likely related.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
drought years, water table lowering, releasing water-suspended ceiling leads to collapse.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was the aliens flying there saucers out of there secret under water base in the gulfstream....of course!! :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7::blob10::blob10: I couldnt find an alien imoji....green blob will have to do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions