Operating minelab equinox 600 in iron areas

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious this question is for users of theses machines, what operation mode do you find is best park 1, 2 or field. Machine is nice , all machines get fooled by targets. What is recommended to get best performance , other than tone and vdi recognition, notching which I don’t advise because you miss targets.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go to you tube - many vids out there

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciate that, the problem is they are a dime a dozen , I no this isn’t rocket science, but the topic like thousands have been ask many times but not easy to find even in categories, seems like categories don’t get response for weeks at times anyhow I take members advice more serious because as you no some get paid or monetized to talk products fine, and All we want is simple truth. But yes I like YouTube. Thanks

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you check the Equinox board?

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my own personal experience with the Nox 800, Field 1 has worked the best for me in iron infested spots. I run it with no discrimination with the stock 2 tones, but I do turn the iron volume down. This helps to unmask targets hidden in the iron. I hunt a lot in ghost towns and old railroad station spots, plenty of iron trash in the ground around these areas.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I’m sorry it posted twice, sorry

Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got mine and have only hunted with it a few times. I've been using Park 1 and running it the same as CoinHunterAZ, that is no discrimination and the iron volume turned down. In fact, I was able to pull some decent relics from "the iron" today.

I'll keep experimenting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread