help deciding on metal detector for my son

R

robert roy

The Ace is a dang good machine: $212.00.
The F2 is probably better in many respects for $199.00.

I sent you a private message to avoid any hard feeling on the forum.

Good luck.
Robert R

OP
OP
E

Ezzie

Dec 12, 2007
So looking at the Bounty Hunter's at Cabelas is the wrong way to go?

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Ezzie said:
So looking at the Bounty Hunter's at Cabelas is the wrong way to go?
That's like buying some pet fish from a department store. They wouldn't know how to answer the simplest of questions. They might be able to help you out with fishing gear and hunting rifle ones though. The best route is to buy from a knowledgeable dealer that can support the transaction. I'd shy away from the big guys. Their freebies are worth scrap, trust me.

detector dave

Dec 23, 2007
between Cadillac and Big Rapids
Detector(s) used
whites 6000 & spectrum
I am a big whites fan because they are easy to use so a whites prizm sounds about right, if he gets hooked he sould buy a whites M6. The M6 is what I dream of having my Whites 6000 di pro is not working but has been an exalent detector. Go on ebay and you can find the Whites 6000 di pro for arount 200 to 250 dollars. :)

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In that price range you cannot beat the Garret ACE 250. Possibly with a couple of coils and a few extras. I have seen results from this machine and I am impressed. i do not own one, but if I were starting out this is the one I would get.

Ed D.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Regardless of which brand of detector you decide to buy...I highly recommend buying it from a dealer, not a department store or a warehouse.

A dealer will take the time to help you, answer your questions, and no doubt has experience in the field...this is very important!
Just my humble opinion :)

Timberwolf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread