Maps showing underwater structures etc. ?????

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Structures can mean man made objects to stone jetties, underwater humps, changes in the bottom like fishermen use to locate fish. Check with the DNR about lake maps and charts that show depth. Underwater structures may not be marked unless they are a danger to navigation.

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks y'all,Sandman thats what I'm looking for.Depth etc.I have some maps that I got of Lake Anna in Va that shows the topography as well as old homesites roads etc. that were flooded when they made the lake.It even shows an old gold mine ! I got them at a fishing supply store but havent been able to find any for NY.I'll try the DNR.I did try the DEC site and they have some great maps just none that I could find of underwater areas.I'm looking at getting a hooka system and have a lead on a pretty substantial treasure that was lost in a lake not far from were I live. ;)

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trusty said:
Check this: http://www.lowrance.com/Products/Accessories/

It's a chip that loads into a Lowrance GPS. It fits in my boat GPS and I also have a handheld unit (H2OC Lowrance) that it will work in. Shows contours, sunken islands, etc. I'm sure other makers have them too, but am familiar with these.

Also try your DNR or Fish & Game Dept website.

Cool site Thanks ! Well I went to a friends house to do some detectin today and was telling him about my plans and he just happened to have the map that I need ! He fish's this lake all the time so it looks like I've found a partner for this adventure as well. Thanks again for all your replies and have a great New Year all ! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions