I Got One!!

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
My husband surprised me this evening with a BH Pioneer 505! This is my first MD and I can hardly wait to go out tomorrow and find tons of gold, silver, coins, relics...... :D Seriously, if nothing happens, and the weather stays nice, tomorrow will be my first time ever MD'ing! I'm so excited I bet I don't sleep a wink tonight.

I wasn't expecting to get one until Jan. He saw this one marked 20% and decided it would be a good starter for me. If he likes it he is going to get him one while they are marked down. Once we get the hang of it we will get better ones in the future.

Wish me luck everyone. :)

Pepper

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Thank you, MindHunter. I wish the same for you.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Congratulations on your first dectector. From what I have heard, that is a very good machine. Best of luck tomorrow. Let us know how you did.

detector dave

Dec 23, 2007
between Cadillac and Big Rapids
Detector(s) used
whites 6000 & spectrum
Congrats on the new MD. Dig every thing for a while. lets see what you find. You said you dont think you will be able to sleep! I still get that way when i know i am going to a new spot. I hope you love the hobby and find a gold coin. That is a dream we all share. Good luck let the detector gods treat you with silver and gold.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG, Pepper! Can't wait to see & read about all the treasures you find. Good Luck & Happy Hunting!

;) RR

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Jeffro, thank you for that link!! Thank the rest of you for the congrats.

Here's the deal. I'm one tired lady. My darling husband took my MD and dug I know at least 15 holes all about 4 feet deep and 4 feet wide! I was the one that got the privilege of shifting through all the dirt and burying all those holes. :-\
I did have a tad of luck. I found two dimes, three pennies, a old hot water element, and about 50 earthworms!! ;) (we hunted in our yard). The weather was great. We had a high in the mid 70's.

All in all I had a great time. And it was nice seeing my husband having a good time too! We plan on another hunt tomorrow. I'm hoping that I will get to use my MD a couple of times tomorrow, and hubby will cover the holes. I have a feeling it's not going to work out that way though. He is hooked. I suggested he go buy him one but he said......Let's make sure we like this one first. :'(

Detector Dave, I don't think I'll have trouble sleeping tonight. Who knows I just might find that gold coin tomorrow!

Pepper

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Pepper,
Congratulations on your first dectector. I also wish you find gold or silver first thing.
Joe

R

robert roy

Happy Hunting and good luck with your new machine!!!! :D
Hope we see some great finds posted!!!!
Robert R ;)

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Joe, and, Robert......Thanks for the good luck wishes. I'm going out after lunch and crossing my fingers that I will find something worthy to share with you all. Weather is partly cloudy and a high of 77! Perfect.

Pepper

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Pepper, Glad to hear you are nearly as lucky as your enthusiasm shows!

Has anyone yet told you about pinpointing and adviseable digging techniques?

R M P T R

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Yesterday. I got the BH all to myself! Hubby had some plumbing to take care of. 8)

My yard is long, and wide, about two acres. I started in the veggie garden spot. To my way of thinking there may have been an old house there long before my time. I'm always finding pieces of broken plates....etc on the ground when hubby plows. That is where I found my first pull tab (which I am going to frame ;D ) I found three pennies and a two dimes there.

Next I went to the fruit orchard. I found something huge at 8" deep! It was about 6" x 2". I had to pry it out of the ground. My heart was pounding with excitement. About that time hubby comes out to see how I'm doing. I showed him my prize. Before I could utter a word he toss it on the burn pile! I almost fainted! :o He said it was just (forgot what he called it) an old piece of metal that connects lumber together when building. It wasn't just an old piece of junk to me!! It was my first large find! I might see if I can find it later. ;)

I dug some more after that and found two of my oldest pennies yet. A 1959 and a 1961. I'm framing those babies with my pull tab.

He ask me if I was hungry. I told him I was starving. He said well lets get dress and go out tonight. I tell him ok just let me finish digging the hole I was working on. Guess I lost track of time. Hubby comes out 45 minutes later and says...."are we going to eat or not"? (he was a tad grouchy...hungry I guess) I reluctantly left my dig and took my shower and got dressed. MD'ing makes you hungry. I ate like a horse.

It's raining lightly today. I'm trying to figure out how to hunt in the rain. Anyone got a suggestion how to cover the Control Housing part of my HB?

HH,
Pepper

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
rmptr said:
Pepper, Glad to hear you are nearly as lucky as your enthusiasm shows!

Has anyone yet told you about pinpointing and adviseable digging techniques?

R M P T R

Rmptr, no to both of your questions. Those are two area's I'm having the most trouble learning. I'm open to suggestions. Or if you can point me to some links that would be helpful. This is a huge forum and I haven't put a dent into reading all the post. Thank you for posting.

HH,
Pepper

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
HOSSNV said:
Oh Pepper ! you poor thing ! . Your about become hooked on the most fascinating hobby there is . Happy hunting ! Hoss

You're so right, Hoss. I'm hooked! And it is a fascinating hobby! Happy Hunting to you also.

Pepper

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
you just wait till you get that first signal that comes through like train whistle, you dig, it's your first silver, and then your first gold, and then ???. you will become an adrenalin pumped metal detecting junkie like the rest of us. LMAO

Sniffer

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
jbot said:
You're hooked for sure. Crazy like the rest of us. ;D

Your right, jbot! But isn't it fun to be this kind of crazy! :)

OP
OP
Pepper2004

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
sniffer said:
you just wait till you get that first signal that comes through like train whistle, you dig, it's your first silver, and then your first gold, and then ???. you will become an adrenalin pumped metal detecting junkie like the rest of us. LMAO

Sniffer

LOL.....I can hardly wait for that day to come, Sniffer. I was going to a park today but it rain in sheets! It stopped about 15 minutes and I rushed out to hunt. I found a tiny key that has Security Guard on the front and Brooklyn, NY on the back. Who knows maybe there is a treasure box full of gold buried here that the key will fit! I can dream can't I? ;)

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Great news with the new find at the park, Pepper!
Now, you are a treasure FINDER.

It's really fun to see your excitement within your writing...

The 505 comes with a detailed manual. reading it completely will help a lot.
Here on Tnet, read the Techniques threads...

Pinpointing is frequently done by making an X over the spot where you first notice a target.
You shall be to one side of it, and I frequently step a 1/4 of a turn around and do a few small sweeps from another angle. AM mode is also good for pinpointing.

Since you did find coins in your garden area, perhaps there WAS an old house there... picture in your mind where it may have been, and how it would have been situated. Any REALLY old trees on your property? There may have been a tree swing or picnic spot beneath them.
Or, there could be a depression in the ground, where an old tree once was that fell over and was removed for firewood.

You can use a big shovel on your own place, but please don't take it to the park!!!
Use a probe and nice little digging tool and be sure to cover your holes.

If your husband plows periodically, you could have a new crop of things to find each time!

Keep us posted on your progress... if you frame that 1st pulltab, please post a digital picture here on Tnet. We'd all get a big kick out of that.

R M P T R

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread