Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    1676 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

If gold reaches $1000.00 an ounce, how much will your class ring be worth?

Gold is climbing up to $1000.00 dollars an ounce. If you find a 10 Kt. class ring of 16 grams, how much will it be worth and how much of it will you be able to hide from the ole lady?
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Apr 2005
    land of the free-taxed to death
    Whites

Re: If gold reaches $1000.00 an ounce, how much will your class ring be worth?

Well, my class ring is Silver, so I'm screwed!!!! I wonder if I could pawn my wedding band My wife would really appreciate that!!!!! I am planning on scrapping all my ring finds from the last couple years, might be worth it right now.

Greg
    Whites Matrix M6-QXT Pro

hu
    Gypsyheart~ Queen of Rust

Nov 2005
    Ozarks
    44 times

My class ring is probally so old that I will make more money selling it as an antique.
    I go a great distance,while some are considering whether they will start today or tomorrow

us
    Feb 2005
    Menominee, Michigan
    T-2,
    1 times

come on Gypsyheart, yeah i should send my ring in to, hardly ever wear it, really messes with my detecting
    where's the good stuff

Charter Member

May 2005
    68 times

According my calculationsó bear in mind, I was finally allowed to pass arithmetic only after I promised that I would at least learn how to spell itó at a spot price of $1,000/ oz. for pure gold, a 16-gram 10K class ring would bring $214.38.

As for the "ole lady," you're on your own!

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    19 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman
    Gold is climbing up to $1000.00 dollars an ounce. If you find a 10 Kt. class ring of 16 grams, how much will it be worth and how much of it will you be able to hide from the ole lady?
    That's a funny question... I'm the only one on T-Net who has admitted I'd even KEEP a class ring if I found one... everyone else on T-Net would break an arm to return it (if identifiable). :P

us
    Aug 2005
    Illinois
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Montana Jim
    That's a funny question... I'm the only one on T-Net who has admitted I'd even KEEP a class ring if I found one... everyone else on T-Net would break an arm to return it (if identifiable). :P
    That's because you are just plain mean.

MXT,  and just dumb luck.

robert roy

I never got a class ring so it doesn't effect me?
    Robert R

us
    Sep 2006
    Montana
    19 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by lucky1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana Jim
    That's because you are just plain mean.
    Leave me alone or I'll tell Gypsy and Mona that your avatar started working again...

us
    oldhermit34

Jun 2007
    columbus, ohio
    whites prizm 50

Who knows, (Belive it or not, I lost mine while metal detecting), pretty bad huh.

Sep 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by PBK
    According my calculationsó bear in mind, I was finally allowed to pass arithmetic only after I promised that I would at least learn how to spell itó at a spot price of $1,000/ oz. for pure gold, a 16-gram 10K class ring would bring $214.38.

So...a little more math tells me that if I buy an Excalibur for $1100 I will have to find 5 big honky rings before the beast pays for itself......are the smaller rings half the weight? If so looks like with todays gold prices it would take maybe 10 rings to pay it off...... Seems like a strech for one year. Don't you think?

Minelab Exp II, Whites DFX, Whites Classic III(former Tejon, CoinStrike & Quattro user)

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    4596 times

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
    Quote Originally Posted by PBK

So...a little more math tells me that if I buy an Excalibur for $1100 I will have to find 5 big honky rings before the beast pays for itself......are the smaller rings half the weight? If so looks like with todays gold prices it would take maybe 10 rings to pay it off...... Seems like a strech for one year. Don't you think?

It Depends on the type of sites you search.

If you can search Swimming Beaches & Public Pools
    it's isn't completly Impossable to Pay it off & Make a profit in one day.
    all it takes in the right Location.

us
    IRON BRIGADE MEMBER

Dec 2006
    Central Kentucky
    DFX with the 950 and 12incher Tesoro Bandido
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by oldhermit34
    Who knows, (Belive it or not, I lost mine while metal detecting), pretty bad huh.
    How ironic and funny. Sounds like something I would do!

KFB
    KINDAFOUNDABUCKLE

us
    Jan 2008
    Black Hills of South Dakota
    Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
    56 times

Gee, good question. If someone could actually find it (I lost it when I put it around my neck on a chain at a park in NE Pa). Lost necklace and all.

B
    "Irony is the rule"

us
    Sep 2006
    Wisconsin
    Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
    23 times

Well my class ring goes back to 1959 its 10 K and it cost me 25 bucks. Do not know what it would be now?

If you dig and see people with funny hats you have dug too far

Jul 2005
    mississippi, beaches of the pacific
    whites beachhunter, dfx

too bad I did not order gold ring in 1975... it almost qualifies as an antique..

now I did find a mutilated class ring one time..still got it ..probably be worth 100$

isnt the price of gold and precious metals insane..cant wait until my new DFX comes in

respects

caz
    it is useless to talk facts and analysis to someone who is enjoying a moral sense of superiority in their ignorance

us
    Jan 2008
    56 times

Well, somewhere in Lackawanna State Park, there's an old high school ring with a gold necklace, waiting for someone to find and sell.

B
    "Irony is the rule"

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    1676 times

Montana Jim,
    That's a funny question... I'm the only one on T-Net who has admitted I'd even KEEP a class ring if I found one... everyone else on T-Net would break an arm to return it (if identifiable).
    Many say they would return a class ring and some do, but I have found some that I could not find the owner and given up as they moved or nobody knows where they went. Returning wedding bands is the hardest unless the person that lost it runs an ad.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Jan 2008
    56 times

Sandman,

I think there is an little intrigue with class rings - strange, unknown schools in unknown places, initials that might not match who the person is today (mine was initialed EML or EL), the initials I use now is BD, and, while wedding rings are a known factor, for the most part, high school rings are "put away" after a certain age in our lives, to be put away with young memories.

While wedding rings can be treasures - most class ring finds are a real puzzle.

B
    "Irony is the rule"

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors