CTS black widow digger

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a link to the digger.

http://www.informulation.on.ca/A55770/cts.nsf/(AllByID)/1E2B046525288F4B86256D350052A7E6!OpenDocument

it looks pretty good but any digger is good as long as it does the job. I use the Ames 7 in 1 from Lowes. It was about $15 with a clipper sheath that was sold right next to it. It works great and is stainless steel.

Attachments

• 7in1ames.jpg
    7in1ames.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 344
  • 7in1ames.jpg
    7in1ames.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 344

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Be careful when buying digging tools. I have found that the Lesche type diggers that aren't true Lesche diggers are made of cheaper metal in China and bend easy. You will use three or four of them before you ever wear out a Lesche.

I have the ames as well and it works great in moist soil but doesn't work to well when the ground is dry.

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
yep, i second that. I have never used a Lesche but i know for a fact the Gator Razor digger is a sure enough piece. it bends as easy as a paper clip. but on the bright side it does have a lifetime warranty. guess they knew it was a piece so they figured they'd sweeten the deal by giving you an option to replace it.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Should have clarified I use a Lesche all the time, and I have a Little Eagle Shovel both good diggers, I have the Ames as a backup.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Lesche is great, I prefer it in the woods around roots, but here is one I like a lot better for yards and parks.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,94654.0.html

index.php

You can put a LOT of leverage on this bad boy.

And around the Tot-Lots no one has yet got a hair up their . . ., like they have when one mom reported me for carrying a "combat knife" (my Lesche) to a nice policeman.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow that ones sweet, I have never seen that one before where did you get that, I think I need one of those. Does it come with a sheath??

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No sheath, but it fits in a Lesche sheath. I've been meaning to make one for it but It's only been a year and it takes me longer than that for proper motivation. ;)

Came from Trans-Mississippi Electronics [(918)832-8064]. He makes a "normal" handle version and I believe "V" pointed tips in either. I really like the 90º handle and the flat point. Three jabs and flip the plug like a trap door for shallow coins or four jabs and pull an 8" square-sided plug for deep hits. $37.65 shipped to NY. It is spring steel and does not bend or surrender.

I get multi use: works great for cleaning eves troughs and the bottom of BBQ Grills. ;D

Attachments

• Trans Miss Digger 4.jpg
    Trans Miss Digger 4.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 356
  • Trans Miss Digger 4.jpg
    Trans Miss Digger 4.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 355

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions