$12000 ring in Ballloon could be anywhere?

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lately, it's been all over the news that he put the engagement ring in a balloon to give her and it flew up into the air and is gone. This thing could be anywhere in the world now. Was wondering how far a balloon with a ring could fly before touching down. Could it be in your own back yard?
You can bet many will be looking for this treasure. 8)
They say it looks like this:

Attachments

• huhatd.jpg
    huhatd.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 511

scooterl

Feb 23, 2008
badin lake nc.
Detector(s) used
whites dfx, excalibur 1000
yea my wife saw that on tv today . i bet that gye was sick hope he had insurance. hope it hits a beach that im on. :thumbsup:

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Send a ballon with your Phone # on it. "please call if found", and see how far it goes!!!! Do it!!!

:blob6:

Spirit

Jun 12, 2003
Philly
Back when I was in elementry school, we put our names and addresses on balloons, and sent them up asking whoever to find them to write us. (Don;t think that would ever happen today). I lived in northwestern ohio at the time. and my balloon ended up in the middle of pa. Some ended up in canada if i remember right. So I could see it going a pretty good distance. I imagine the ring would weigh it down a bit...check which way the wind was blowing..and go for it :)

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
I've always want to do the message in a bottle thing too. :sign10:

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That happened in London. The winds typically come from that area into Germany. I'm keeping my eyes open, LOL! HH, Mike

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
couple of summers ago i did a balloon every friday for a few months(those big mylor ones)tried a card with my name and email address,never got a response.stopped doing it after watching it get stuck in the neighbors tree.its still up there bright red & blue.he looks at it and shakes his head,he doesn't know it was mine :P :P.then i thought suppose it gets stuck in some power lines(heard mylor and electricity don't mix)maybe i should grow up.....................NAW :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to see a site that posted a poll questioning the opinion as to weather or not the balloon idea was a foolish and a show of lack of common sense, or was it a cool and romantic thought disregarding the risk.
Bradyboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread