metal detector

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For that price you have many great choices. Visit the Tesoro website to learn about their different models. They are deep, light weight and have the choice of many coils, Plus have the Lifetime warranty if you ever need it.

There are many that will steer you into their favorite brand. Check out the different brands and see which one suits you. Many like the Minelab Sovereign GT for beach and dry land hunting. It runs about $699.00 and is worth every penny.

Good Luck,
Sandman

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
coin finder said:
Hi , All coin finder here, going to buy a new detector my Question is which one should I get ? I go to the beach and maybe the park were they all know my name. :wav: many Thanks Joe..

Hi Joe. I am new to MD'ing and I got an ACE250 because I wanted to learn the basics without getting in over my head with something that was too much machine for me. Know what?...Within 6 weeks time I wanted something I could get wet. {like a lot of machines, you cannot get the ACE's housing wet} It's been a rainy spring and I want to go dig mud...but I don't want to risk killing my ACE. And half of my hunting is at the beach...in the low tide, eroded sand. I've had to run from a few surprise waves with my ACE held high {from fear, not pride}. I want a water machine that I can tether to my ankle with a surf cord so I can just set it down without a worry when I'm scooping away.
Since you mention beach hunting, this is something you may want to consider.
HH & let the fun begin!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread