Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
For a long time I had my eye on a stretch of ground directly across from a local Fort and historic site

that is close to where I live, I knew of the farmer that owned the land that was once occupied by Native TIPI"S

And Sutlers tents, Prime time relic hunting grounds that are off limits to all . all until now ! I called the

land holder that farmed this stretch of a Relic Hunter / coil teasing paradise , BOY WAS HE NOT IN A GOOD MOOD :'(

This Land Baron owns lots of properties around here and he was having a bad day >:( With the skill of a

Hostage negotiator and the tactical approach of a politician looking for votes , I passed threw conversations about

the high prices of fuel in regards to farming , the pros and cons about Bio-diesel & the local idiots that destroy crops

with their QUADS >:( "Ya Know , I wish I could only leave one or 2 of those spikes that from time to time I clear out of the fields

so they could get the flats, rather then the farmer , Says I" :) Well, With the scant hope of a Turtle crossing a 4 lane High way

Durring rush hour and living to tell the tale ' I ask for and received permission to hunt after Harvest season this prime, never

hunted, Virgin piece of relic hunters paradise ;D HAPPY HUNTING :thumbsup:

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardy for President :thumbsup:

(())RandY(())

Mar 5, 2008
Tennessee
2 weeks ago i saw a guy up rooting trees from the ground with a tractor in the back of three old houses, right next to each other.Well I decided to ask him if i could metal detect the place.So i walked up the little hill while walking toward him ,I noticed who he was and almost turned back around.''Car dealer/Rich/owns everything /and a person that noone likes!! well this was the first time i even spoke to him.Well guess what the answer was yes go right ahead and he said i hope you find something :thumbsup: ..So goes to show you never hurts to try... ;D

OP
OP
Hardy

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
You know, I think that if you break the ice talking about a whole differant topic that the land owner might enjoy conversing about, then ease into your goal on getting permission to hunt, he or she just might say yes ::) HEY ! LOVE WHAT YA HAVE DONE WITH THE LAND
SCAPING AND GARDEN ;D it might work :icon_sunny:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice tactic Hardy...I agree..start a conversation to break ice unrelated to what you want. Butter em up good.
Al

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well it never hurts to ask -- because all they can say is no or yes --which if you never ask "no" is what you "already" got -- so ask -- you got a shot at a "yes" who knows --- so really theres nothing to lose (since without asking its a "no" already) and everything to gain (a possible yes) - and with that kind of positive additude and a smile --you can go far -- being freindly never hurts your chances either-- you never know if their an old grouch might be cuz no ones said a kind word to them in years. Ivan

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Congrats on getting permission on virgin land. Let us know what you find and good idea on the conversation.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
maybe he just needed to vent to someone. farmers are really taking a beating with these stupid gas prices. sounds like in the end he might be a pretty decent guy, maybe just a crotchety old guy! :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread