California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are OK if they don't have Hunter Orange, but I prefer a Woolrich or Orvis Travel Vest as it has more pockets like for cell phones, etc. Also many D-rings for what ever ya gotta hang. I've taken to wearing a fly fishing vest while wading too as the water bottle comes in handy. Course it can also hold a few beers........ ::)

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Sandman said:
They are OK if they don't have Hunter Orange, but I prefer a Woolrich or Orvis Travel Vest as it has more pockets like for cell phones, etc. Also many D-rings for what ever ya gotta hang. I've taken to wearing a fly fishing vest while wading too as the water bottle comes in handy. Course it can also hold a few beers........ ::)

Thanks for the suggestions will look them up.I've gone through many set up to make it easier.And it only make sense to have a vest too, I do like to have everything with me.Repellent, I.D, scale, loop, phone, etc...And have one canteen on my belt.Right now it looks like I belong to a swat team or something.I saw the orange ones-NO way!!!! I do like the Camey's. And a beer or two. :occasion14:
Thanks sandman.

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
good idea if you have a lot to carry. i use a carpentry nail apron. light, cheap and good for my needs. i take a small insulated cooler bag for drinks, cell, etc. too much weight tires me quicker. i put trash in one side of apron, good or possibly in the other and a small sealing bottle of water for coins with a chance. to each his own. good luck hunting. i leave the cooler where i can find it. i like to take a break once in a while to keep fresh. bill

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just bought a fishing vest with all the pockets and it was a great investment. It can hold many items like batteries, chocolate bars, digital camera etc. It is always a good idea to take extras so that you don't have to walk all the way back to your car to get what you need. Thats all folks!!

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the input all. The fishing vests are really nice!!!! I think it would be a good investment too. That's how I broke my last camera dropped in the sands from coat pocket. I like everything available, The other day I was hit by a lot of mosquitoes near sunset and did not have my repellent. thanks for the validation I will get one today @big 5 has them on sale 30.00 with plenty of pockets. :blob1:

PALEOMAN

Dec 11, 2007
COLORADO
Detector(s) used
WHITES XLT
i also use a fishing vest. lots of compartments to keep stuff organized. also use carpenters bag for my finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread