Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Jan 2007
    Heavener oklahoma
    fisher gold bug2

Re: "What is the deepest hole you ever dug while detecting, what did you find"!

two feet deep, I found a four cylinder head gasket by a old adobe house.
    was lying flat about same size as wells fargo chest.
    if you like what you are getting, keep doing what you are doing!!
    Life Member Viet Nam Veterans of America.
    N.R.A. Member
    GPAA Member

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    1456 times

Hi black foot: ever get your Adrenalin back to normal? heheheh

Don Jose de La Mancha
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

us
    Aug 2008
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by bucketofguts
    mine was 14 inchs in hard red dirt for a 1950s alum. or tin tube of cows ass, or utter cream at the local fair grounds! thank you for your time!
    I dug down about 2 feet and found a six pack that was burried recently in wet sand to keep it cool. It did keep it cool and no one claimed it so I shared it with two ladies I met on the beach. They came up to me while watching me dig and they laughed when I brought up the beer.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    1456 times

Sheesh Steve, what about us? sniffff

Don Jose de La Mancha

Feb 2007
    Ocean County New Jersey
    Whites 5900/DI PRO SL

one time my detector was going crazy I thought I spent a while digging then I relized I was digging up a wheel barrel that was burried in the ground next to a foundation to a old house that had burnt down 20 years before, I mean routes from trees were growong all over this thing took me almost a hr to figure out what it was after I dug most of it up.
    I filled the hole in with all the route I chopped up and dirt and left that wheel barrel there
    Coin Roll Hunting  Totals from 11/28/07 to Date

Kennedy 90%...5
    Kennedy 40%...52
    Kennedy Errors ...3  1983 missing FG
    Kennedy Errors ...1  1981 missing FG
    Total half dollars searched to Date 8 boxes

us
    You found what?

Aug 2007
    Southeast Michigan (Roseville)
    Bounty Hunter > Sharp Shooter II & Fast Tracker
    48 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I found what I thought could be a cache in my yard. Turned out to be an "empty" septic tank. I took a flashlight & looked around in it before I covered it back up. The hole was small enough to cover back up with clay.

Dec 2006
    Watseka, Illinois
    CTX !!! Pro find , Sunrays
    44 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Dug so deep I had to pop up to get directions but I don't speak chinese.. Actually 18 inches on a axe head...
    WADE ON IN THE WATER AIN"T DEEP!!!!

us
    Nov 2006
    N. Alabama
    Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
    10 times
    Relic Hunting

Two feet on a broken plow blade, that near as I can tell was in use in the 1830s to 1850s (based on the style of the blade). It was also the hardest hole I ever dug because it was also through some of the thickest tree roots I've ever dug through. I thought it was a CW plate when I first got down to it. Took couple of hours of hard work to get to it and get it out.
    Relic hunting consists of a series of misadventures interspersed by occasional moments of glory.

us
    Jan 2008
    Williamsburg, VA
    Whites DFX 300
    1 times

About 12" on my last find. I only kept diggin because I was determind to find what object was giving me a great signal. After digging under a couple of roots and removing a couple of broken bricks I found a 1904 IH. Used the DFX300, wow what a machine !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1904 and eagle.JPG 
Views:	422 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	13874   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1904 and eagle.JPG 
Views:	354 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	222274  

us
    Jan 2007
    Beach Hunter ID 300

I saw a Hand way way Down in my Hole, it was Waving at me...

AUCTIONEER

Jul 2006
    Charlotte
    1 times

Bright and early one morning I was pinging up Wrightsville Beach, N.C. pretty heavy, hitting handfuls of dropped change and hit a good signal that said it was a dollar. I had a scooper and a shovel with me and went at it. Two and a half feet later I found what ended up being a six pack of Coors in a trash bag with ice still around it. Someone must have buried it a few hours before I went down and were going to impress some friends by digging up cold beer that afternoon. I put it back in the ice and covered it back up. Didn't want to spoil the fun. I guess I should have at least left a note...

HH,
    Ramapirate

Ramapirate...
    Madcap

us
    May 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
    16 times

about 14 inches, main trunk line for the Cable TV for my neighborhood. I just covered it back up and made a mental note NOT to dig there again...
    "It isn't the age, it's the mileage" IJ

Dec 2007
    Tierra del Fuego
    Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by Ramapirate
    a six pack of Coors in a trash bag with ice still around it. Didn't want to spoil the fun. I guess I should have at least left a note...

HH,
    Ramapirate

I would have took at least 1 !

rmptr
    I am a pathological liar and a functional illiterate.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    1456 times

RMPT"R: You would !!! hehehehehe

Don Jose de La mancha

Dec 2007
    Tierra del Fuego
    Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
    4 times

Ah! There he is!

Caballero Don Jose!

They are running a GREAT TV ad for Dos Equis up here in Estados Unidos...

Wish you could see it. You get a big laugh over it.

...It starts out kinda like, the guy "has a personality so magnetic he can't carry a credit card."

I wish there were some way I could post a clip for you...

Anyhow, I'm hiding from the hops.

Somebody advised pomegranite juice for my afflictions, so I been on that for a while.
    Still squeeze a rotten potato over the glass now and then.

Hasta luego.
    Adios.

rmptr
    I am a pathological liar and a functional illiterate.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors