One last dead horse whipping (Im buying a new machine)

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One last dead horse whipping (I'm buying a new machine)

I am right now posting my 2nd White's analog machine on eBay. I'm nervous as heck. Here's the deal. I love this hobby. I've found a total of 12 silver's this season so far. All pretty much in different locations. Logic would suggest (for the most part) if there's one, there's at least a few more. I have rehunted the sites extensively with no success, not to mention I am digging to many time waster targets. While I love my old blue boxes, my spidey senses suggest I am missing better finds by using them.

I am close to my goal of (now...) an X-Terra 30 machine. I only hope I enjoy it more than my old blue boxes.

There are so many detector choices it has been an agonizing decision to let my blue boxes go. Finances won't let me keep them and they both need to be sold.

Does anybody think I'm making a mistake?

Thanks in advance!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: One last dead horse whipping (I'm buying a new machine)

Learning a new detector, no matter what brand, is fun in itself, at least for me. It isn't all about the finds but the thrill of the hunt. New technology has given us better detectors and you will soon be finding more goodies.

The X30 is a nice detector for the money, you will enjoy it. If expenses allow it, spring for the 50 or 70 as these are hot.

mixer1

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2008
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
White 6000/D, 6000/Di series 2

I too am ready to add digital but a word of caution. I have used a whites 6DB or 6000d series 2 blue boxe for 25 plus years and now the tones like by guitar in tune and have found over 250 silver barbers,walkers, rosies etc. with them. The analog machines tuned and in the right hands are outstanding to 4-5" in good ground conditions. I'd keep your best blue box for awhile if you can. Just in case. I'd guess on those sites you mentioned that if you haven't tried to quicken your sweep, turn down the discriminator lower your threshold, upgrade your phones, improved your consentration for the faint whisper and worked the ground soaked you may be leaving some behind. If you have done all these your probably correct and just not rolling over the targets you seek. Analog is still good!! Great luck with the new machine !!

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250

Jim, a little Ebay advice........list your machine for either a Wednesday or Saturday ending time of 8pm Easter/5pm Central. Those days/times should get you the most people online/bidders.

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT

Why settle for a Xterra 30? With the money your homemade shafts will bring you can get a killer ground-penetration radar. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread