Mouth Watering....

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife is a big Bon Jovi fan so last week I got us tickets to his free concert in Central Park. You can't beat free. While I was there looking at 60,000 people singing and dancing on the lawn all I could think was 'I wish I could detect this lawn tomorrow morning'. Since you can't detect in Central Park I told my wife I was coming back in the morning with a rake. Can't arrest me for raking the park can they. Well I live in New Jersey so I never did actually go back with a rake but I can still dream about it.

We arrived at the park for the show at 5:30pm and the show started at 8:00pm. The great lawn was divided into six parts that would each hold 10,000 people. We were able to get into the second part but we were some of the last people let into the area so the open ground to sit down on was very limited. After a few attempts to find seating on the grass we were forced to sit in a mulched area close to the porta-potties. The line for the bathrooms actually started forming right in front of where we were sitting against a tree. So we decided to move again...by they way some people had bare feet to go into those bathrooms and that is just discusting.

At the new location still in the mulch I had a clear view to a large TV screen but could only see a small part of the stage. Then the woman behind me screams so I turn around and see her boyfriend trying to flick the biggest beetle I have ever seen away from them with a shoe while she yelling out directions. This beetle looked like one that you see on the Discovery channel. Had to be over an inch long with little horns out of the front. Since there are thousands of people walking around I decide I'm going to save this beetle from getting stepped on. I picked it up and carried it over to a tree where I figured it would be safe. I think everyone around me other then my wife thinks I'm a crack pot for picking this thing up and saving it.

I'm not at all a new age type of person but I do believe in karma. A few minutes after moving the beetle a NYC cop walks to the barrier in front of us and opens it to allow us to move into section one. They were counting people as they let us through so I don't know how many people they let into the area but we were at the beginning. We watched the concert from center stage about 100 feet back from the front. Although I'm not a huge Bon Jovi fan I have to admit it was a good show and I did enjoy it...plus tons of brownie points with the wife. I should be able to detect anytime I want for at least a few weeks...lol.

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

NJ

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
what a lucky man! it allways costs me a fortune, and my wife says your a lucky .........
im not a fan either but allways enjoy his concerts for some strange reason!

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
shaun7 said:
what a lucky man! it allways costs me a fortune, and my wife says your a lucky .........
im not a fan either but allways enjoy his concerts for some strange reason!

It did not cost me anything for the tickets but a day in NYC is not cheap. I also purchsed tickets for her and her friends for tonights show in MSG. It is the last show of the tour and I purchased them before I knew about the free concert...oh well. I enjoy the shows as well...it is fun watching my wife because she gets so into it.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I'm glad you saved the Beetle and glad you had a good time.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
my wife has everybody looking round at her where she screams so much. it can be embarrasing!
he is an amazing performer though and everytime we go i cant believe the age range of the audience! is it the same over there?

OP
OP
N.J.THer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah..it is the same. There were people 10 years older then me and others that were 25 years younger. So the range was 15 to 50 and everyone got along. I guess that is the great thing about music it is not usually age specific if it is good music.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread