found endless fields

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
hello all

ive been driving past a farmer ploughing his fields for the last week, its only 2 minutes away from my house and i kept thinking that i should hve stopped and asked for permission.

i just found his number on yell.com and plucked up the courage to phone him and without hesitation he just said yes ;D ;D ;D
ive just got to put a fiver through his door first!

these fields are huge ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

got to go now! shaun

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dad & I have been known to jump in front of ploughing tractors ;D

If the fields are big, try looking at them on Google Earth first for possible targets.

Good job, it normally snowballs from here....

R

RUDY2003

Hurry, start diggin and post them pics......

Keep safe...

Keith

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
ive just got back after a couple of hours and i didnt even make a dent in the fields, there are five in all but the one i started in was still too rough so i crossed into the next one which was a lot finer.

i found lots of tractor parts and nails,barbed wire, nuts ,bolts and plough blades :thumbsup:

no coins except what looks like part of a coin which in the fading light i thought could be an old one, turns out to be copper though and it would'nt even be a quater :icon_scratch:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
no coins except what looks like part of a coin which in the fading light i thought could be an old one, turns out to be copper though and it would'nt even be a quater :icon_scratch:

A jeton, perhaps?

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
BuckleBoy said:
shaun7 said:

A jeton, perhaps?

i am almost certain it is part of a large coin, i put it on my silver token and the curve matched exactly but why would they cut copper?

toolman61

May 31, 2008
Wishing you very good luck! Who knows you might start finding the goodies like Crusader. Like Ty said see you next spring, lol. HH Tom

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
toolman61 said:
Wishing you very good luck! Who knows you might start finding the goodies like Crusader. Like Ty said see you next spring, lol. HH Tom

thanks toolman but i think i'll have to get a few more years under my belt yet :thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you checked out Google Earth yet?

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Shhhhhhhh..... he's busy out hunting :icon_jokercolor:

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Good luck in the fields. Just wander around quickly and as soon as you hit some lead or a target slow down and search the general area. Those fields are so big that you may have to find the hot spots where the buildings or gardens were. Good luck!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Courage is Cool :wink:.....Best of Luck to Ya,hopefully they're your field of dream's!!!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed-NH said:
Good luck in the fields. Just wander around quickly and as soon as you hit some lead or a target slow down and search the general area. Those fields are so big that you may have to find the hot spots where the buildings or gardens were. Good luck!

Your nearly right. Search for the area with the most lead. But the best places are fields which have always been fields. No house's nearby. Most of my good fields have never been lived on.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from farm country, and I never dreamed of searching fields.

What on earth could you find in one? Besides tractor parts and nails,barbed wire, nuts ,bolts and plough blades - and pop cans.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bum Luck said:
I'm from farm country, and I never dreamed of searching fields.

What on earth could you find in one? Besides tractor parts and nails,barbed wire, nuts ,bolts and plough blades - and pop cans.

Have you not seen my posts (see banner for one from the fields).

It maybe different in the US but in the UK. Ever since farming in the Iron Age (200BC), people have manured the fields & in that are the houshold rubbish (coins included). This still continued in the Victorian period with the night soil man & even into the 20th century.

One of my detecting motto's is 'try anywhere once'(permission permitted). This doesn't mean do it once, but open your mind to trying anywhere. If you get nothing, you still learn (not to go back!). Simple way to be successful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread