Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDoo is doing fine...heard from him last night. Here's his post explaining his sabbatical leave from the board...

Hello all!

I have gotten a few PM's asking if I am okay and all so I thought I would post a thread just to let all my friends at TNet know the answer is YES! Things are just dandy. The kids and I are all Okay. I miss you guys. I doo check in, lurk, and read just about every week but have not commented too much.

I decided for my 2008 resolution to keep writing all year round this year and try by the end of the year to have a manuscript together for publication, a full length collection of my poetry and maybe a couple chapbooks. I have been writing a lot and submitting to literary mags trying to get poems published to build a resume for future purposes. I have been dooing pretty good, writing better and better all the time and have about a 18% publication success rate on my submissions in 2008 so far. The past few years, I have written when the ground's froze here in Michigan and then MD'd my a$$ off when not so I am taking a break this summer from it (the schoolyards can build up some bounty for me maybe). I will get out eventually some and will share if I find anything good. My work has been really busy of late for me too as we just got a new 18m$ program with a super quick SOP date, and I am the design engineer for it. I was working 70+ hr weeks, but that has slowed down a little.

Anywhooo... if anyone is interested, here's a link to my blog where I share some of my poetry (ones I don't send out for publication), news on my publications and submissions, and some family stuff too. If you stop in, say hi, I doo allow anom replies there. Love to see ya... like I said, miss you all!

http://calderhawke.blogspot.com/

Be safe!!

and

peace and love to you all

BDoo Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Thanks for the thoughts ;D , you made my day!!
and thanks RR for providing that info also.

I am fine, working hard, and as RR copy/pasted from my earlier comments, writing a lot this year instead of detecting. But actually, I got out this morning for the first time this season. I just got home and haven't lost the touch, found some goodies in my 3.5 hour hunt. I'll post in today's finds later aftter I clean it all up and see what I got.

I wanted to get out and make sure everything is working well because next weekend I am supposed to go to a friend of a friends house and look for their lost jewelry in their back yard for them. He said that their grand daughter got into grandma's jewelry box and scattered it all across their back yard. They have found two of the items by eye and asked how much I charge for my detecting services. Of course, there will be no charge. Hopefully, I will recover a lot of her items and seeing her happiness if I doo will be pay enough for me.

Thanks again friends!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread