Way to go Kellyco!!!

PMike

Jul 8, 2008
Jax, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300 Whites Surf Pro PI
Having whined so loudly before about Kellyco, I stand corrected ;D

Kellyco has won my…

RESPECT! Some of you have seen some of my posts regarding a recent purchase of some White’s products from Kellyco. In that situation several things occurred that left me feeling less that secure in my purchase or those products.

Mind you I don’t like to find or admit that I am/was wrong anymore than the next guy, but I also have to say there are times in life that it “feels good” to discover we may have misjudged or been wrong. This is one of those situations for me. The purchase I made had me thinking that Kellyco was just another big box business who was more concerned with volume and profit than the satisfaction of their customers. Sad to say but that attitude defines the trend for all to many businesses in the current world we live in.

While I hate being wrong, I am glad to say that Kellyco and various of their employees have proven me so. Upon reading one of my recent posts about my situation, one of their employees named Margaret responded to me by “PM” to apologize for the situation I had experienced, assuring me that my experience was neither the norm, nor was it acceptable to her or to Kellyco. Her letter and apology alone were so refreshing, especially in a day that folks would rather blame others and refuse any responsibility for their action. By the way, Margaret was not even involved in my initial purchase or any of the return issues that were so troublesome. In fact I commended her courage for having taken the time and made the effort to contact me, knowing I was less than satisfied.

Following the apology by Margaret, she asked for any information I could offer that might help prevent the situation I had experienced from recurring or happening to anyone else. IMHO, it appears that the folks I dealt with were perhaps new or at the least not well enough informed, yet seemed to be sincere in their efforts to help. The next thing I knew, a very nice trowel arrived at my home compliments of Kellyco, causing me to appreciate all the more the sincerity of Margaret and Kellyco, the company she represents. Now if that wasn’t enough, the next day a letter arrived from Kellyco again expressing regret for the mishandling of my situation and with further compensation for the time trouble and expense I had incurred. I hesitate and feel it would be inappropriate to give specifics because I realize each situation is different and as such may very well receive a different response.

I am beyond convinced that my prior, negative experience was a fluke and could not be the norm in the light of the kind and generous response…needless to say I am glad to say I was wrong in my prior assessments, based upon my limited prior dealings. I am also glad to report that not only has Kellyco gained my personal respect and appreciation, they have earned my business and recommendation to others!

Thanks and God Bless,
Mike

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco stands behind their customer satisfaction and Margaret is a wonderful person to deal with.. I am happy it all worked out well for you.. I wouldnt hesitate again in buying from Kellyco again.

booty

dannyfl

Greenie
Aug 3, 2008
Jacksonville
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Last weekend I actually went too kellyco too purchase my new Whites DFX. Had a amazing time there. ;D

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After seeing a few bad things said about Kellyco and then seeing how Margaret and KellycoChick handled the situation, shows me that they actually care about how their company is presented to the public. If and when I upgrade, they will be first on my list.

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Glad to hear things worked out really well for you PMike. It takes a big man to admit when they are wrong and publically state it for all to see. You should be commended. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH,
Roy

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to hop in here and say thanks to all you guys and Mike! It really means something to see that the little things we do can make a difference, especially after big things go wrong! I'm glad everyone is happy, and again, if you need anything please don't hesitate to ask!

I've said it before in other forums and I'll say it again here - There is no other industry or hobby whose customers command so much respect! We (distributors, manufacturers, lil web content editors that work for distributors) REALLY do listen to each and every one of you and are here to help!

I do not work in sales, I don't work in customer service either, I'm just an internet geek who likes to make sure I can be proud of the place I work for. And I am! I will help you guys fix whatever you need - whenever you need it! I might not be able to do it myself but I promise to go light the fire under whoever necessary to make it better, and Margaret is SURE to do the same!

Just keep on communicating with us and we will keep on doing our jobs right!

- KC

izzitcat

May 13, 2008
Louisville,Ky.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger/White's Classic5ID
I've bought both of my detectors from Kellyco on-line and have always been more than satisfied, if or when I buy another, guess where I'm gonna go :wink:

Izzitcat

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kellyco gets 2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for me , have bought 5 detectors from them in the last 5 years and when i need or want another it will come from them also :wink:

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you,
We promise to do our best to always keep you, our customer, satisfied! Please contact us with the problem and we will do whatever it takes keep you satisfied.
Again if you have any questions or concerns please email me :thumbsup:
Thanks,
Kellyco Chick

pookie said:
:thumbsup: glad it worked out for you in the end. :) my parents got me my detector from kellyco...

Crazy Greek

Nov 12, 2007
Victoria, Texas
Detector(s) used
Viper Trident
WTG Mike!! That was a refreshingly wonderful post to read!

I bought my Viper detector from Kellyco. I think that was in the early part of 2005. I was working the Hurricane Katrina Recovery efforts in New Orleans at the time and the computer and cell phone were my only means of communication with the outside world. I spent a total of 5 1/2 months down there with but two days off during all that time. Needless to say, I was fairly bored at times and would get on the computer to see what the rest of the world was up to.

One night, I'm surfing the puter and up pops this ad from Kellyco saying that they were releasing a few of the Viper detectors early at a pretty good savings. (To paraphrase the ad, of course) I got on the cell phone and called the wife back here in Texas, telling her "Baby...you know how I've always wanted a metal detector? Well, Kellyco has this great offer right now......" The wife said "Well, go ahead and order it if you think that's what you want."

Yippppeeee..permission to go shopping!! I immediately got on the Kellyco site and placed my order for the Viper detector for something like $300 with my trusty credit card, telling them that since I was in New Orleans (actually Chalmette), La. to just go ahead and ship the detector to my home in Texas.

A couple of more months went by before I was able to leave New Orleans at the end of June. I got home and the wife had the Kellyco box sittin on the couch. I opened the thing up and was looking at this nice detector with a YELLOW cylinder on it, saying Viper TRIDENT. Now, I remember that the ad had shown a BLUE cylinder and the ad had been for the Viper (no trident in the name). I'm thinkin...."Uh OH.....someone goofed", especially when I went back to the Kellyco site to check and saw that the TRIDENT was the "top of the line" model, which cost more that the Viper model.

I took another look at the packing slip that came with the product and low and behold, it confirmed that I had indeed been shipped the UPGRADED model (at no extra charge) simply because KELLYCO WAS OUT OF THE MODEL I HAD ORIGINALLY ORDERED!

Now folks, THAT'S what I call service!!

I called Kellyco (can't remember which gal I talked to on the phone right now) just to confirm that this was indeed the case and that someone hadn't fouled up (and would possibly be in trouble) in shipping the higher priced model for the sales price listed in the ad. She was very helpful and informed me that this was indeed Kellyco's policy.

What a nice bunch of people to do business with. It's wonderful to see that they are also one of the sponsor's here on this forum!

Thanks Kellyco.............and THANK YOU MIKE, for bringing this post to the forefront!

Kellyco will ALWAYS have my business!!

Just a side note here: I've had a few people PM me on this site asking about the Viper Trident and how it performs, some even stating that they had heard that it leaked and was "junk" (as one put it). I can't speak for the deep diving abilities of this detector (Kellyco says it's good to 132 feet) since I don't dive anymore. (Used to when in the Navy) I have had the thing in the water at the beach and so far have not had a problem of any kind. The detector has always given me a nice signal and when dug, there is always something in the basket. Unfortunately, it just hasn't been that illusive GOLD....YET!! ;D

For the money spent, the Viper Trident fits my needs perfectly!

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice story Crazy Greek,
Thank you so much for the nice comment. :thumbsup: We are here to help out, we want to hear stories like yours and everyone else's.

Thanks,
Kellyco Chick

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I can honestly tell you that in all my dealings with Kellyco I have been amazed at how they handle their business!

I have helped 5 people order machines from them and working with another person right now to help them get a detector, and all of the people I have helped out have been very happy.

I had one person that got a damaged item in their shipment. One call to Kellyco and a new item was delivered along with a coupon for some $$ off the next purchase at Kellyco.

This company is awesome and I have dealt with Margaret and Kellycochick and they are awesome!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread