Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody got any input on the F2 ?
I might be better off waiting and getting a Whites. Are the lower end Whites any good? The $300 or $400 ones? I don't want to get something that breaks even with my Ace 250, it does a good job, I just want to have a couple to choose from when I'm out swingin. Something that would be a notch up maybe. Y'all understand.
Also something that you don't have to spend months trying to figure out.

HH,
Ramapirate

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
I HAD A MP5 AND I HATED IT BUT THAT IS JUST ME.I BOUGHT A GARRETT 550 BECAUSE IT HAS THE ID SCREEN.I JUST CAN'T LISTEN TO A SIGNAL AND TELL IF IT IS GOOD OR NOT.I LIKE TO SEE APPROX. WHAT I AM DIGGING.I HAVE BEEN DIGGING FOR ABOUT ONE YEAR AND IT SEEMS THE GARRETT 550 IS THE EASY WAY OF LIFE THAT I HAVE FOUND.MINE COST ME ABOUT $450 BUT THE OTHER DAY I SEEN ONE ON E-BAY GO FOR $270.BUT THAT IS MY FEELINGS ABOUT THAT.IF YOU ASK SOMEONE ELSE THEY WILL TELL YOU SOMETHING DIFFERENT.IT IS ALL WHAT YOU LIKE.THANKS I HOPE THAT HELPS.

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Ramapirate said:
Anybody got any input on the F2 ?
I might be better off waiting and getting a Whites. Are the lower end Whites any good? The $300 or $400 ones? I don't want to get something that breaks even with my Ace 250, it does a good job, I just want to have a couple to choose from when I'm out swingin. Something that would be a notch up maybe. Y'all understand.
Also something that you don't have to spend months trying to figure out.

HH,
Ramapirate
Hey Ramapirate, I've been in the market for a detector for a while now and have been researching the best that I can. I like hearing what an owner of a said machine thinks about that particular piece of equipment as well. From what I gather (reading up around here @ T'net) Those "lower end" White's are supposed to be pretty darn good. I would love to have a few more bucks in my budget but I'll probably be in that 250 dollar range too. Good luck in your search - I'm sure some others that have used the machines your looking at will chime in hear soon...

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ramapirate, Keep Check on ebay. They have been having some pretty good deals on some Whites machines. Especially the XLT.

Rd2nowr

Jan 2, 2008
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, IDX Pro, Sunray XL-1 Probe
Ramapirate, I bought a "like new" used IDX Pro from a guy on the White's forum and found a ton of stuff with that detector. I really got good with that one. I paid for it and found almost enough with it to buy my XLT. I kept the IDX Pro for a back up and am planning on sending it to Mr. Bill for the Mods to be done. The older Whites detectors are still out there for a fair price and you can find them if you look around. Good luck in your search, Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread