What is this bottle?

May 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi all,

I found this bottle in the crawlspace of my childhood home, a house built in 1895. I'd like to know what it was used for and when it was made. After a bunch of searching online I haven't been able to find a lot of hard info. I suspect medicine, and it seems pretty generic. It's 8.5" tall by 3" across at its widest point. One side is marked with CC from 50-400 and the other side is marked with ounces up to 14. There are seams on each side of the bottle but it appears to have an applied lip (?) I found it with the cork still in it.

At the time, my parents said it was a liniment bottle. That's about all I know so far. Thank you for any info!

IMG_1627_smaller.jpg
IMG_1628_smaller.jpg
IMG_1629_smaller.jpg
IMG_1630_smaller.jpg
IMG_1631_smaller.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a Graduated Apothecary Medicine Bottle

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as for Contents, it may have been ( glycerite ? ) or up to the Druggist, I don't know
I don't speak Chemestry

this from the December 1919 National Druggist page 527

is all I can find on 3 xvi

View attachment 999170
View attachment 999171

OP
OP
lightfusegetaway
May 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Jeff. Thanks for the info. You pointed me in the right direction... probably near impossible to tell what was in the bottle. I found this page that indicates the markings represent the capacity of the bottle. Great page with a lot of really helpful info, by the way. Medicinal Bottles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread